Systems and Network Technician
- Fremont, CA
Manage, maintain and troubleshoot workstations, servers and infrastructure in a time-critical manufacturing environment. Perform a variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, and training tasks to ensure IT infrastructure meets company and user requirements. Work with colleagues to design and implement reports from production databases.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Exposure to printing presses and the maintenance associated with that environment would be very nice to have.
- Troubleshoot Windows/Linux server, and application environments to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Administer workstations, including Windows and Linux-based systems.
- Install, configure, and support desktop computers, applications, file servers, ethernet cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems
â€¢ Degree in information technology or equivalent experience
â€¢ Experience with high-availability technologies such as VMware, SAN, HP Blade Servers
â€¢ Experience in manufacturing or workflow system environments an important asset
â€¢ Mastery of Windows and Linux servers and clustered or virtualized environments
â€¢ Very good English written and oral communication skills
â€¢ Knowledge of server hardware and related equipment.
â€¢ Troubleshooting and time management and organizational skills.
â€¢ Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
â€¢ Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
â€¢ Ability to train and communicate technical information to end-users.
â€¢ Ability to work independently with a sense of priority and immediacy.
Back to top