Sr. Test Automation Engineer
The Senior Test Automation Engineer works as part of an agile team responsible for the oversight of Android mobile automation frameworks, tools, analysis, design, testing, and support of all HCHB mobile application projects.
Primary Tasks, Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for architecture of Android mobile automation framework and integration of tools used for developing scripts and running tests
- Masters tools and technologies related to testing principles and industry processes
- Ensures project work meets company guidelines, regulatory expectations, and product delivered meets specifications provided
- Participate in the design and testing of HCHB products and solutions
- Research of project work to identify related or effected areas
- Creates, documents, and executes thorough automated tests
- Assists with the creation and management of testing environment(s)
- Analyzes potential issues to determine if resolution or escalation is needed
- Identifies user assumptions, system performance issues, and criteria for project success
- Responsible for automated test execution and resolving defects prior to product release to Production
- Responsible for quality/testing approval sign off prior to deployment to Production
- Work with Product Owners and Scrum Team to plan for needs related to automation
- Serves as the go-to person/mentor for questions as well as research related to automation scripting
- Mentors members of the team to be more effective in writing scripts and implementing techniques
- Completes code reviews of automated scripts
- Creates advanced SQL queries to be used with automation scripts
- Demonstrates an understanding of clinical and/or financial Home Healthcare processes and regulations is recommended
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Preference given to those with experience in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- 3+ years of experience developing, executing, and analyzing automation tests
- Experience with testing in the Cloud and related tools â€" Microsoftâ€™s â€App Center Testâ€ & Googleâ€™s â€Firebase Test Lab for Androidâ€.
- Preference given to candidates with experience working with elastic distributed systems (i.e. Azure AKS, kubernetes, GKE, AWS, etc.), and distributed logging systems (i.e. Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience creating automation framework and understanding design patterns
- Experience with CI/CD tools and platforms
- Preference given to ADO (Azure DevOps)
- 2 + Years SQL experience with relational databases (preference given to MS SQL 2014 and above).
- Experience with REST/WebAPI service fundamentals
- 3 + Years of Automation experience writing automation scripts.
- Preference given to experience with Microsoft UI Automation, Selenium, Appium, WebDriver, Protractor, Postman & Fiddler
- 3 + years of Performance and Load testing experience
- Preference given to experience with JMeter
Citizenship: HCHB requires all applicants to be US citizens or have a green card allowing them to work in the US without being subject to export control restrictions.
Back to top