As a Senior Data Services Engineer at HCHB, you will act as a leader and mentor by designing and building data and analytics architectures to enable better business outcomes for our customers. You will work across organization stakeholders to determine solution requirements and rationalize design decisions. During implementation, you will collect, aggregate, and analyze structured/unstructured data from multiple internal and external sources and present patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers. Your goal is to support the use of data-driven insights to help our customers achieve business outcomes and objectives.
Role and Responsibilities:
Must Haves 4-6 years' experience with the following:
- Relevant professional experience in healthcare.
- Hands-on experience with Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services: Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL MI, and Azure SQL.
- How to expose data to end-users using Azure API Apps or any other modern visualization platform or experience.
- Knowledge of Azure DataBricks, Azure Cosmos DB, and Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Service Bus.
- Experience with Azure Cloud migration.
- Experience with developing and implementing OLTP database applications on the Microsoft SQL Server platform.
- Advanced development experience and performance tuning with T-SQL in Microsoft SQL server (preference given to MS SQL 2014 and above).
- Experience with Git/Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes.
- Ability to help engineer Azure Data Solutions based on current on-premises data centers.
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen.
- Analyzes current business practices, processes, and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services.
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing needs assessments.
- Delivery of designs for transformations and modernizations of enterprise data solutions using Azure cloud data technologies.
- Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams and build Data Service APIs.
- Develop and maintain data schematics, layouts, architectures and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
- Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates. Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows.
- The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration. Strong team collaboration and experience working with remote teams.
- Your technical and non-technical skills include:
- One or more of the Microsoft Azure Role-Based Certifications (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/browse-all-certifications.aspx?certificationtype=role-based)
- Demonstrated experience of turning business use cases and requirements to technical solutions.
- Experience in business process mapping of data and analytics solutions.
- Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows.
- The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
- Demonstrated experience preparing data and building data pipelines for AI Use Cases (text, voice, image, etc....).
- Designing and building Data Pipelines using streams of data.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services is a plus
- Experience with .NET C# is a plus
- Preferred degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, Operations Research, Economics/Econometrics, Engineering or another relevant quantitative field.