- New York, NY
Why Hearst Autos?
Hearst Autos is a division of Hearst Magazines focused on our automotive brands and businesses: Bring a Trailer, Car and Driver, Road & Track, and Autoweek. We bring together engaging content, unrivaled data and insights, innovative consumer products, and comprehensive marketing solutions to serve automotive manufacturers, enthusiasts, and car shoppers. Hearst Autos reaches 163 million people every month and is the nationâ€™s most influential automotive media company.
And weâ€™re more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video, and social â€" with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We work as members of the Media Platforms team at Hearst Magazines to create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
*We are open to fully remote work for this position, so even if you aren't based in NY, we would still love to hear from you!
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Build our next-generation auction marketplace and supporting services to power the new Bring a Trailer, as well as other future auction and classified marketplaces for Hearst Autos and Hearst Magazines brands.
- Work on car shopping, research, and discussions features for Car and Driver, Road & Track, and our other brands across the unique suite of Media Platforms tools and services.
- Participate in product and software design discussions, working directly with other engineers, product and design teams, DevOps, and other stakeholders.
- Use well-reasoned, appropriate design patterns and best practices.
- You take initiative to constantly improve individually and as a part of a team.
- You have 2+ years of experience building web applications and services.
- You have the ability to take a feature to full completion â€" from inception through design, implementation, delivery, and post-release in an iterative agile environment.
- You have experience with server-side programming in Node.js, Python, Java, Go, or other similar languages. Youâ€™re not tied to a specific language or technology and youâ€™re able to quickly adapt and learn new skills.
- You write tests to improve the quality, modularity, and maintainability of your code.
- You have an understanding of, and experience with, concurrency and asynchronous programming and relational and non-relational databases and data models.
- You have a CS degree or equivalent real-world experience and knowledge of CS fundamentals.
- Cloud development - Amazon AWS and Google Cloud
Back to top