Homecare Homebase, a subsidiary of Hearst Corporation is a market leader in healthcare software development providing mobile cloud-based solutions for clinical, operational, and financial improvement of homecare and hospice agencies throughout the United States. Our software enables real time solutions for wireless information exchange and communication between office staff, field staff, and physicians.
Our success is fueled by our talented technology teams that are driven by their passion to make a difference in patient care. Our employees work in a culture that is guided by values of caring, action, respect, excellence, and smile (a positive attitude). If you want to work in a role where your skills have a direct influence on patient care, Homecare Homebase is the next step in your career. We are hiring technologists that want to make a difference.
Sr. System Administrator
The System Administrator is part of the mission-critical Reliability team at HCHB. The System Administrator documents the system, analyzes impacts of new requirements, and delivers the correct technical solutions in alignment with operational requirements. Their efforts are focused on efficiency, automation, and managing change at scale and with quality. Overall, the System Administrator has strong technical abilities, a sound understanding of modern infrastructure and automation, and possesses knowledge and skill critical to maintaining the quality, uptime, and availability of services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities for the System Administrator can vary, but should include:
- Available outside of business hours to respond to service incidents as part of an on-call rotation.
- Leverage configuration management tools for infrastructure in a hybrid cloud model.
- Support Service Operations including incident, problem, change, and request fulfillment.
- Monitor, administer, upgrade, and patch production infrastructure and applications per standard procedures and runbooks.
- Contribute to standard operating procedures, documentation, and support operations tempo.
- Support compliance program requirements including audits.
- Tune monitoring systems to maximize detection and reduce alert noise.
- Proficient with scripting (eg. Bash - Powershell).
- Proficient with security best practices in server configuration, tool development, and access controls.
- Proficient with administration of Linux or other Unix variants (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, Solaris, etc) in a production environment.
- Proficient with networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related).
- Proficient with administration, automation, and orchestration of large-scale Windows and Linux environments using configuration management solutions such as DSC, Ivanti, and Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Leverage systems management and automation with self-repair rather than relying on alarming and human intervention.
- Proficient with correlation and monitoring solutions such as Splunk, Application Insights, Azure Monitor, or SCOM.
- Proficient with Active Directory administration and able to support access management operations.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, bias for action and the ability to dive deep.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail and driving issues to resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and apply learned knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks.
- Support team continuous improvement by looking for ways to streamline and automate processes and improve customer satisfaction.
- DevOps mindset practitioner and change agent.
- 3+ years experience in 24x7 production environments.
- 3+ years Windows and/or Linux administration and enterprise production experience.
- 3+ years Kubernetes and Cloud administration experience.
- Experience with Healthcare industry HIPAA regulations (similar regulated industry experience considered ie. PCI, SOX).
- Familiar knowledge of process and IT service management concepts such as ITIL and ITSM.
- Experience using the ServiceNow platform in an IT Service Management or Service Operations role is desired.
- Experience working in an Agile and/or SAFe environment.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related (equivalent experience considered).
- Candidates with relevant certifications are preferred, including but not limited to the following:
- ITIL Foundations
- Configuration: RHCE-Ansible
- Kubernetes - CKA, KCSP
- Linux - RHCE, CompTIA Linux+, GCUX, LPI
- Microsoft: Azure Administrator, Azure DevOps Engineer, Azure Architect, MCSE