Senior Business Analyst
About the Job
The Senior Business Analyst is a self-starter, has strong attention to detail and is able to interpret data for internal stakeholders to help inform business decisions. The ideal candidate will measure web audience trends, the performance of digital products to illustrate clients’ return on investment, performance and revenue drivers for publisher partners, and provide insights into best practices and performance enhancements.
He/she utilizes various measurement tools and provides timely in-depth reporting, analysis and optimizing solutions. The Sr. Business Analyst is expected to be an active participant on the business, consistently engaged, and contributing ideas and insights that will benefit our internal teams, clients and publisher partners. Under general supervision, this position exists to assist the organization in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing, and reporting data.
• Build, test and implement reports with accurate, easy to read, useful information that satisfies internal and external client needs
• Provide and present reports and dashboards that include trending, analysis, and recommendations for publishers, product, and performance optimization
• Utilize proprietary and third party tools (business intelligence platform, web analytics platforms and ad-serving technologies) to report and analyze product, pricing and revenue data
• Ensure that quality and timeliness of measurement deliverables meet company and client expectations
• Participate in interdepartmental conversations to develop, test, and enforce reporting standards, prioritize projects, and discuss data objectives across a number of business functions
• Act as a data steward and ensure data integrity by monitoring exception reporting and providing requirements for any system clean-ups
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and work with key stakeholders across different departments
• Other duties as needed.
• Bachelor degree or higher in a quantitative, applied mathematics, business, marketing or consumer research discipline (Statistics, Data Mining, Economics, Marketing, Marketing Research, etc.)
• 3 – 5 years of experience working with data and research in a professional setting
• Strong attention to detail and analytical skills with the ability to relate results to client business objectives
• Experience with SQL, Python, macros and statistical procedures in SAS
• Experience building dashboards in Tableau and other data visualization programs/tools
• Advanced computer skills required (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
• Experience or understanding of Google’s tech stack (especially ad-serving technologies and supporting analytics tools)
• Strong knowledge of web analytics and reporting tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication, report writing, and presentation skills
• Strong ability to communicate key insights to upper-level management
• Knowledge of digital display marketing and automotive industry a plus.
Meet Some of Hearst Autos's Employees
Director, Digital Product Portfolio
Chip conceives and develops new products across all Hearst Autos properties, bringing together car enthusiasts, dealers, and automotive manufacturers under one digital roof.
Back to top