Senior Analyst, Data Insights and Automation
- New York, NY
Business Intelligence Manager, Insights and Automation
Hearst is an American mass media and business information conglomerate. It owns a wide variety of newspapers, magazines, television channels, and television stations, including the San Francisco Chronicle, the Houston Chronicle, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, 50% of cable network A+E, and 20% of the sports broadcaster ESPN.
Are you looking for a great opportunity to grow in your profession as a decision scientist?
Do you want to be part of a lean team that is helping lead the evolution of local news?
At Hearst you will have the chance to make a data driven impact by forming strong partnerships with marketing, editorial, product, ad operation and executive leadership teams.
You will be working with traffic, subscriptions, advertising, and email data and have the opportunity to work in Python, R, Big Query SQL, Looker, PowerBI and more!
- Clean, prepare and explain datasets, use advanced analytics to identify key trends, size up opportunities, and then work closely with business leaders to turn those opportunities into action.
- Work with the latest analytic tools to perform advanced analysis and discover insights.
- Create iterative and highly reproducible Python/R scripts to show ongoing improvement in data visuals and analytical techniques.
- Partner closely with data scientist to extract learnings from latest prediction models.
- Potentially program manage key cross-functional data-science projects.
- 5+ years' experience in a data analytics/data science role.
- Demonstrated comfort working autonomously in Python/R, particularly working with dataframes.
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Degree/Advanced degree in a technical/mathematical program preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, experience building presentations.
- Passion for solving business problems via data insights.
- Experience in statistical methods a huge plus.
Back to top