WPTZ NBC5, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate in the scenic Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh NY market, has an immediate opening for an experienced Local Sales Account Executive. This position provides an excellent opportunity to be part of a local news leader in the market. Great resources, including Nielsen ratings, Marshall Marketing qualitative data, and the vast digital assets of Hearst Television, provide significant opportunity for building innovative and effective marketing and sponsorship opportunities for both established and newly developed clients. This position requires travel throughout the entire DMA, but can be based in either South Burlington, VT or Plattsburgh, NY.
- Create, develop and nurture positive business relationships in the community
- Sell commercial time to local and/or regional advertisers and agencies. Includes on-air and digital media platforms.
- Generate new revenue by developing new advertisers to our medium.
- Manage and evolve a list of current valued clients
- Responsible for ensuring commercials are complete and ready to air on schedule.
- Responsible for orderly flow of all sales transactions, including overseeing preemptions and make-goods.
- Prepare creative presentations using rating services and other resources.
- Previous television/media/advertising experience preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications (MS Office) and ability to learn proprietary software (Wide Orbit, Marshall Marketing, Kantar).
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record; use of personal vehicle for sales calls required.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.