As a Homecare Homebase Product Owner, you are on the front lines with customers. Because you care about making the lives of nearly 100,000 users better, you strive to listen to their needs and to understand their challenges. Once you do have that understanding, you jump into action with your team and your peers to define superior solutions. As you gather numerous stakeholder perspectives, you continue our legacy of delivering exceptional and innovative products. Oh, and did I mention everyone around you loves your infectious smile?
Your blend of business and technical savviness, understanding of Homecare Homebase and our customer's business objectives, and drive to execute makes you successful.
Day to day, you are responsible for product execution. That includes collaboration with internal and external customers, distilling market needs into actionable product requirements, driving scrum team priorities, and ensuring effective communication among your product management teammates.
- Collaborate with Product Management teammates to translate market problems into requirements, through the creation of user stories
- Ensure that user stories describe problems to be solved for one or more personas
- Ensure that product deliverables meet the required functionality and performance requirements
- Manage the prioritization and tactical execution of the product line life cycle through regular backlog refinement
- Implement and execute a successful company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute and guided by product managers
- Understand the impact of regulatory and industry trends on your features, and ensure that the product deliverables accommodate those market inputs
- Create mockups, user journeys, and storyboards in conjunction with UX design
- Act as the external voice for the scrum teams that you support
- Attend and participate in Agile ceremonies (standup, sprint review, retrospective, etc.)
- Demonstrate the latest iterations to customers (pre-release) and gather feedback
- Educate users on new features by contributing to release notes and product documentation
- Lead planning meetings with guidance from product managers
- Research and analysis of various publications, and translation into relevant and meaningful insight supporting the strategic vision for Interoperability at HCHB
- Participate in customer cabinet meetings, as necessary
- Support other teams (such as sales, marketing, and operations), as necessary
- 3+ years of experience as an enterprise software product owner
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong overall knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Proven ability to coordinate cross-functional teams with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to innovate and execute on business objectives
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across technology and the business teams
- Familiarity with healthcare clinical and revenue cycle data exchange formats and protocols such as FHIR, HL7v2, X12, and IHE strongly preferred
- Home Health/Hospice or other healthcare industry experience a plus
- Interoperability experience with other enterprise EHR platforms a plus
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites (25%)
- Citizenship: HCHB requires all applicants to be US citizens or have a green card allowing them to work in the US without being subject to export control restrictions.