- New York, NY
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, Elle, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Menâ€™s/Womenâ€™s Health, Popular Mechanics, and Runnerâ€™s World. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone across our web properties, magazines, newspapers and television stations. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century. Click here to learn more about our teams and the brands that we serve.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate software engineer who is eager to learn and contribute to team success. Our teams work in an agile environment and we value collaboration and respect, learning new skills, and a high quality of work. We are looking to fill roles with varying levels of seniority presently.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Be part of a development team that innovates and creates modern tools and features that will be used across the entire Hearst content platform.
- Participate in key software design, working directly with other engineers, the product team, devops, and the editorial team.
- You take initiative to constantly improve individually and as a part of a team
- You have experience in a role building software for consumer-facing web applications, preferably large-scale and content-focused
- You have the ability to take a feature or service to full completion, from working with our back-end tech through front-end implementation
- You are excited to mentor and collaborate with less experienced engineers
- You have understanding of microservices architecture
- You have experience building RESTful APIs
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience
- You are eager to learn any other languages/frameworks that apply
- You have PostgreSQL experience (or similar relational database)
- You have experience working some flavor of Linux
- You are familiar with database performance tuning / caching strategies
- Experience with large-scale / high-traffic systems
- Experience with job queueing
- Experience logging and monitoring tools
- Experience with GraphQL API integration
- Experience Docker
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with eCommerce platforms
- Understanding of payment processing
- Experience with Kubernetes
- System Architecture
- Experience with user Generated Content systems
- Experience with content management / distribution systems
Back to top