- Fremont, CA
Operate console one and perform other tasks associated with press production and performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Set up press folder, formers, trolleys, guide rollers, bands, tensions, pick up station
- Web press and ensure that leads and compensators are set correctly
- Walk webs in and align sheets, angles, formers, sections
- Make running adjustments on start up and during run to make sure product stays in tolerance.
- Make sure that waste, quality, run amounts are met and in guidelines.
- Ensure plate registration, ink density, dampening settings, web compensation are correct and within guidelines.
- Ensure plates and pages are in the correct positions according to job dockets and press layout.
- Intake newsprint, make pasting patterns, web lead kites, perform equipment setup, and monitor.
- Keep accurate paperwork, communicate with all members of production.
- Guide and assist other crew members to ensure smooth and timely product delivery.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance inside and outside of press units.
- Assist with equipment repair, blankets, rollers, and any task associated to production needs.
Experience, Skills, Licenses, Certifiication, Education Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Four years experience as a web press operator.
- Speak, read, write and comprehend English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to reason logically.
- Ability to stand during shift, climb flights of stairs, lift up to 50lbs. And move 250 lbs.
- Dependable and punctual. At all times.
Back to top