Part Time Photographer
- Manchester, NH
WMUR-TV has an immediate opening for part-time videographer.
Our photojournalists must have a passion for news and visual storytelling.
We are looking for someone who understands news on a larger scale and can also focus on details. Creativity and a strong work ethic are also musts for this position.
A successful candidate for this position must also have technical knowledge and be able to shoot and edit in Adobe Premiere. You will also have to use ENG, SNG and wireless data systems to feed work to the station.
Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, ABC and CNN platforms are critical.
- Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings.
- Working with the assignment desk and reporters to cover daily stories.
- Gathering video and still pictures for digital platforms.
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
- Ability to work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
- Ability to produce and publish content to our online platforms
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous newsroom experience preferred.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Efficient Operation on ENG trucks.
- Can work in all weather conditions.
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license and a near-perfect driving record.
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn't wait to be told what to do.
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
Back to top