- Sacramento, CA
KCRA 3 is looking for a sharp, aggressive and creative news producer. We are looking for someone who isn't just a "stacker" but truly knows how to craft a newscast. We want a critical thinker who marries journalistic excellence with visually crisp newscasts. At the same time, we need someone who isn't afraid to blow up their show when there's breaking news and loves the excitement of showcasing the big story.
• Oversee the creation, production and execution of our newscasts.
• Collaborate with our Executive Producers and Directors to create and produce eye-catching graphics.
• Must post daily content to our digital platforms.
• Must contribute strong enterprise story ideas at editorial meetings.
• Fosters and inspires team work with anchors, field crews, digital producers and the assignment desk.
• Exceptional news judgment.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Ability to calmly handle live breaking news.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills and an eye for detail.
• Must be adept and knowledgeable about creating content for our digital platforms and social media.
• Must be a team leader who communicates thoughtfully and respectfully.
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field.
• 2-3 years of line producing experience.
• Must be willing to work any shift.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
• Knowledge of newsroom computer systems ENPS, BitCentral and Oasis is a plus.
• Bilingual experience is a plus.
- Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
Back to top