- Manchester, NH
WMUR-TV has an opening for a highly motivated and creative news editor. This position will covernews stories as assigned. Our idealcandidate has an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and ispassionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great picturesand sound.
- Editnews video on tight deadlines.
- Maintainnews archives.
- Operateelectronic newsgathering equipment.
- Nonlinearediting (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs,VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
- Effectivelycollaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high qualitystories.
- Ensure proper storage and organization of media files.
- Maintain standards for all edited material.
- Take in ENG and SNG feeds.
- Anyother editing duties as assigned by news managers.
- Previousediting experience required.
- Professionalexperience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent)required.
- Militaryexperience will be considered.
- Abilityto work on linear and non- linear equipment.
- Proficiencyediting with Adobe Premiere.
- Abilityto edit on non-linear equipment.
- Mustbe able to handle multiple editing assignments under strictdeadlines.
- Knowledgeof current television production techniques.
- Familiaritywith mass communications law and media responsibilities.
- Communicateeffectively with photographers and producers.
- Mustbe able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
- Ability to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilledexecution.
- Possessa valid drivers' license and clean driving record.
- HighSchool Diploma.
- Somecollege or technical school preferred.
- Militarytraining from Defense Information School (DINFOS) is a plus
Back to top