Manager, Agile Operations
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social - with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century. Click here to learn more about our teams, and the brands that we serve.
Media Platforms is looking for a Manager of Agile Operations tocontinuously enhance the way our teams develop and deliver technology, tools, services and solutions that touch hundreds of millions of lives. They will help reshape the future of publishing by identifying and implementing process improvements that enable our teams to effectively and efficiently deliver value to our customers at scale. As an evangelist for Agile best practices and a partner to leaders throughout Media Platforms, the Manager of Agile Operations will coach the organization to inspect and adapt in a way that results in concrete improvements to our culture. They will also manage a team of Scrum Masters, be responsible for their professional growth, and ensure that they are equipped to support their scrum teams' efforts to do amazing work.
What You'll Do:
- Coach and guide the organization using agile and lean principles
- Adapt agile and project management methods to the specific needs of the organization (which can include hard deadlines/fixed dates at times)
- Act as Scrum Master for one or more teams, providing a learning environment to deliver business value
- Mentor other Scrum Masters as they coach their teams towards maturity
- Explore new tools and approaches to Scrum and Agile and infuse new ideas into the organization
- Create metrics to provide teams and the organization with actionable feedback
- You have a BS/BA and a Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master
- You have 3+ years of supervisor or management experience
- You have deep knowledge of Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban, and other Agile development techniques
- You have experience facilitating the professional growth of direct reports
- You have a track record of coaching Scrum teams to maturity
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- You have proven ability to build consensus within complex environments
- You are comfortable with collaboration tools such as JIRA, Notion, Airtable and Miro
Back to top