Maintenance /Operations Engineer
- Louisville, KY
WLKY TV has an opening for an broadcast Maintenance Technician. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for the next step in their career. We are looking for someone who has worked in a Television station and would like to work and learn our technical facilities. If you consider yourself a Tech and would like to learn some new skills, this might be the position for you. The Maintenance Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station's on-air signals.
- This position is responsible for daily News Engineering operations including ENG reception and monitoring the technical aspects of our news production.
- Experience in operating DSNG trucks supporting special news events.
- Maintains ENG microwave trucks, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution and routing systems, processing systems, monitoring devices, and automation systems.
- Maintains news-gathering equipment including ENG cameras, field gear, ENG, DSNG, and SNG trucks, editing systems, and support devices.
- Conducts troubleshooting, installation, research, documentation, and cabling tasks.
- The candidate should have experience working as a maintenance technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a wide variety of broadcast equipment or 2+ years of experience in a related military occupation specialty
- Must have a solid background in broadcast television systems
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must have knowledge of computers, computer systems,
- Must have advanced skill with video production, microwave systems,
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces
- Must be flexible to work various days and non-standard shifts as assigned
- Must have the ability to work effectively with other team members and independently
- Must be capable of following instructions, verbal and written
- Must have the ability work with minimal supervision
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must have excellent vision (with or without corrective lenses) with ability to read and distinguish colors.
- Associates degree in electronic engineering or a minimum of two-years of an accredited technical electronics school equivalent.
- SBE CPBE (or better) certification a plus.
- Military Broadcast Television Equipment Maintenance (BTVEM) course from Defense Information School (DINFOS) a plus.
- Military training and experience in electronics, avionics or related fields will be considered
Back to top