Human Resources Manager
Hearst Autos is looking for a HR Manager to join their team in San Francisco. The person must be extremely organized, a self-starter, a fast learner, and very motivated to go above and beyond what is expected. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The HR Manager must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
We’re Hearst Autos and we are going to change the way consumers buy automobiles. With a recognized brand – Car & Driver – and the best editorial team in the automotive industry – we’re cutting a new path! We are looking for entrepreneurial-minded thought leaders across many disciplines. And, we mean business.
• Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
• Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
• Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
• Acts as an employee relations specialist.
• Reports vacation, sick, personal day and holiday use to payroll and scheduling. Manages time and attendance system.
• Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification.
• Processes salary adjustments/increases, title changes, transfers and other employee activities with HRIS team.
• Has understanding of benefits plans and can direct employees to internal resources to find answers.
• Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
• Partner with hiring managers to identify job specifications/competencies and create job descriptions.
• Utilize best practice screening and interviewing techniques to narrow the candidate pool.
• Coach hiring managers on effective, legally sound interviewing techniques and legal boundaries.
• Ensure a positive experience for candidates throughout the entire process.
• Communicate status of open jobs to hiring managers.
• Bachelor's degree or the equivalent years of experience.
• Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other human resource programs.
• Five + years of experience as a HR Generalist/Manager.
• SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification preferred.
Meet Some of Hearst Autos's Employees
Campaign Operations Manager
Annie calls herself and her team the "Wizard of Oz", transforming unthinkable ideas into successful digital campaigns for Jumpstart Automotive Media's Canadian customers—ideas that generate the company revenue.
Back to top