Hearst CT Media Group
Location: Roving Locations. Main location is Bridgeport but this position is needed initially as a floater as needed for our Depots from Stamford to New Haven.
The District Manager position is individually responsible for the circulation of papers, TMC's, SMC and all alternate publications in their assigned area along with overseeing the warehouse and warehouse staff.
• Recruiting, contracting, and training carriers.
• Handling any service issue in their area, which includes contacting the customer when needed.
• Monitor performance of carriers, and discuss repetitive problems.
• Must have a working knowledge of GEAC and Route Smart.
• Maintain a service ratio of 2 complaints per 1000.
• When necessary, terminate carrier contracts.
• Delivers down/open routes in their area when needed with personal vehicle.
• Assist with redelivery of newspapers when needed.
• Analyze routes to determine if customer service, company profit, or carrier profit can be improved through change.
• Discuss problems of area with supervisor.
• Submits necessary paperwork on time.
• Uses good judgment and discretion in handling all phases of newspaper delivery.
• Verifies counts on carrier papers and warehouse draw.
• Maintains a clean and organized center.
• Motivate and assist carriers with promotional efforts.
• Participate in planning and developing plans and goals for circulation growth and expense savings.
• Perform administrative and miscellaneous duties, including carrier payroll and carrier debit and credits, complaint reports, contract maintenance and bag inventories.
• Advise carriers on circulation problems.
• Keep carriers informed about new policies, plans, ideas, etc.
• Schedules warehouse staff according to workload.
• Submit reports to supervisor.
• Assists supervisor on any other duty specified.
• High School Diploma or equivalent; Some College preferred.
• Previous experience in a newspaper setting is preferred.
• Valid Driver's License, reliable personal vehicle and active car insurance.
• Have a basic knowledge of Connecticut DOT regulations.
• Good written and verbal communication skills as well as experience working with Microsoft Office.
• Good sense of direction and ability to utilize GPS/Maps.
• Available to work all holidays and weekends as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Hearst CT Media Group