Homecare Homebase, a subsidiary of Hearst Corporation is a market leader in healthcare software development providing mobile cloud-based solutions for clinical, operational, and financial improvement of homecare and hospice agencies throughout the United States. Our software enables real time solutions for wireless information exchange and communication between office staff, field staff, and physicians.
Our success is fueled by our talented technology teams that are driven by their passion to make a difference in patient care. Our employees work in a culture that is guided by values of caring, action, respect, excellence, and smile (a positive attitude). If you want to work in a role where your skills have a direct influence on patient care, Homecare Homebase is the next step in your career. We are hiring technologists that want to make a difference.
The System Engineer is a technical leader who assures infrastructure and system application alignment to the system design and business strategy. The System Engineer documents the system, analyzes impacts of new requirements, and delivers the correct technical solutions in alignment with architectural and business requirements. Overall, the System Engineer has strong technical abilities, a sound understanding of modern infrastructure design and automation, and possesses advanced knowledge and skill in implementing relevant solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities for the System Engineer can vary, but should include:
- Act as a technical subject matter expert and point of escalation and provide technical direction to team-members and evangelize best practices and methodologies.
- Conduct necessary analysis, design and prepare technical documentation and runbooks for new toolsets and processes.
- Stay current on applicable industry trends and integrated technologies.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with scrum teams, engineers, architects, vendors, contractors and leadership.
- Leverage, support, and advocate the use of configuration management tools for infrastructure in a hybrid cloud model.
- Align system capabilities to overall solution and business strategy.
- IT Service Management fulfiller including incident, problem and change.
- 5+ years Windows and/or Linux administration and enterprise production experience.
- 3+ years Kubernetes and Cloud administration and automation experience.
- 3+ years experience in 24x7 production environments.
- DevOps mindset practitioner and change agent.
- Experience with scripting (eg. Bash - Powershell).
- Experience with security best practices in server configuration, tool development, and access controls.
- Expert experience with administration of Linux or other Unix variants (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, Solaris, etc) in a production environment.
- Expert experience with networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related).
- Expert experience with administration, automation, and orchestration of large-scale Windows and Linux environments using configuration management solutions (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, DSC).
- Proficient in administering and managing infrastructure as code (git, Azure DevOps (VSTS), Azure CLI, ARM, Terraform, PowerShell).
- Direct experience migrating solutions to Azure (comparable cloud platforms considered).
- Proficient in building and administering Kubernetes.
- Proficient in administering monitoring solutions such as Splunk, Application Insights, Azure Monitor, or SCOM.
- Experience working in a regulated industry such as HIPAA, PCI, SOX.
- Experience working in an Agile and/or SAFe environment.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, bias for action and the ability to dive deep.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail and driving issues to resolution.
- Excellent ability to align business process and requirements with a technical implementation.
- Write and contribute to project plans, engineering level documentation, and develop operational excellent standard operating procedures and run books with a bias towards automation.
- Ability to apply continuous improvement practices.
- Creates and maintains documentation to support policies, procedures, and runbooks.
- Design systems management solutions using automation and self-repair rather than relying on alarming and human intervention.
- Develop appropriate metrics and monitors to ensure operational excellence for services being supported.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related (equivalent experience considered).
- Candidates with relevant certifications are preferred, including but not limited to the following:
- ITIL Foundations
- Configuration: RHCE-Ansible
- Kubernetes - CKA, KCSP
- Linux - RHCE, CompTIA Linux+, GCUX, LPI
- Microsoft: Azure Administrator, Azure DevOps Engineer, Azure Architect, MCSE