The Software Engineer III for BI/Data Warehouse team will work within an agile team environment, helping to design, develop, and maintain the data warehouse components of the HCHB Analytics product suite. Responsibilities will include problem analysis, software design, development, implementation, and testing of features, enhancements, and bug fixes for the analytics product.
- Work with Product Owners/Managers, DEV leadership, and other agile team members to evolve understanding of product needs in order to translate them into product specifications and working system components.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain HCHB's data warehouse environments, ETL's, and stored procedures.
- Utilize source control for all development work, including code management, data warehouse solutions builds and deployments to QA, and development environments.
- Setup and manage jobs in SQL Server Agent.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in production, QA, and DEV, including performance issues, deadlocks, cube failures, job failures, etc.
- Careful testing of new code and other changes to the HCHB data warehouse environments prior to submitting work for review by QA and/or release to production.
- Thorough documentation of both code and work ticket details throughout the development process.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Math, or related field. Equivalent experience is considered.
- MCSE certification a plus.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in an Information Technology environment.
- 7+ years of experience with relational database programming utilizing SQL Server, including a demonstrated and proven ability to write and integrate stored procedure logic into application level requirements.
- 5+ years of experience developing SSIS packages.
- 5+ years of experience in systems analysis, working to interpret user requirements and create workable systems designs.
- Experience working in a HIPAA/HI-TECH compliant environment preferred but not required.
- Experience working in an Agile environment preferred.
- Broad understanding of the BI and data warehouse space, including Big Data.
- Proficiency in all aspects of T-SQL development (stored procedures, triggers, functions, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2017/2019.
- Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence tools such as SSIS, Azure Synapse Analytics and database project deployments using DACPAC's.
- Experience with SSAS is a plus but not required.
- Experience with SQL Server Data Tools is required, source control using GIT is a plus.
- Experience performance tuning SQL objects in a data warehouse setting.
- Experience developing relational data warehouses is required.
- Experience with data-driven and event-driven ETL/ELT processes.
- Experience with Tableau is a plus.
- Experience working in a cloud environment such as Azure is preferred.
- Experience with Azure Data Lake and Azure Databricks is preferred.
- Experience in healthcare industry is a plus.
- Experience in data analysis and database design.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and take ownership of multiple tasks according to the needs of HCHB customers and management.