Why Hearst Autos?
As the leading automotive media organization in the world, Hearst Autos connects car buyers, owners, and enthusiasts to the information they need, the experiences they crave and the stories they love - while connecting automotive marketers to this audience of unrivaled breadth and diversity. As a division of Hearst Magazines, we offer the best of both worlds: a nimble, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment coupled with the career development opportunities and perks of an established company.
Bring a Trailer is now a part of Hearst Autos family. BaT Auctions are the best way to buy and sell classic, collector, and enthusiast vehicles. We curate vehicles submitted by our audience and craft transparent auction listings that present the vehicles as they are-without superlatives or dubious used-car-lot language. BaT's knowledgeable community of more than 415,000 users and over 175,000 registered bidders vets each listing so potential buyers can bid with confidence. We are currently hiring a Customer Service Specialist for this innovative and iconic business.
BaT is growing, and as a result, we're looking to add a Customer Service Specialist to provide the best possible experience to users in our community. This is a full-time position that can be done remotely. Schedule is Wednesday - Sunday or Saturday - Wednesday to allow for weekend coverage.
Are you an outgoing and empathetic person who is motivated by helping other people to solve problems? We need you. Your job will be to ensure that BaT users have an easy and enjoyable engagement with the site and one another. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, responsive, and organized.
Please note that we are only able to consider applicants from the following states: CA, CO, DE, FL, IL, IN, MD, MI, MN, NM, NC, OH, PA, RI, TX, VA, WA, WI.
In order to be considered for the role, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume for review.
What You'll Do
- Provide excellent customer service to buyers and sellers by responding to inquiries and creating processes to streamline communication.
- Resolve customer issues via phone or email with sensitivity and timeliness.
- Escalate any potential problems or feedback from customers to the auction team.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills: you are capable of interacting with the BaT team and clients in a professional and positive way.
- You have strong communication skills: you are an exceptional written and verbal communicator, and comfortable providing thoughtful and insightful responses in a timely fashion.
- You have knowledge of classic cars: you are a passionate classic car enthusiast.
- You are solutions-oriented: you approach problem-solving with empathy and patience.
- You have a can-do attitude: you are agile in responding to the changes and demands of a small startup.
- You are thorough: you possess strong attention to detail and understand how to prioritize.
- You have domain knowledge: you are familiar with the BaT brand and have interest in the kind of vehicles we feature on BaT each day.