- Dallas, TX
Homecare Homebase is searching for a Home Health and Hospice Medical Biller who will be responsible for complete and accurate billing and collections of all claims submitted for payment to commercial insurance health care programs.
At Homecare Homebase, we help home health and hospice organizations across the nation overcome the business and technological challenges that stand in the way of patient care and efficiency. As a Home Health and Hospice Medical Biller, you will play an essential role in ensuring accurate and timely billing for our customers so that they can focus their time and energy on delivering high quality patient care.
You will be responsible for:
- Processing, monitoring, and collecting of Medicare, Medicaid and other commercial insurance claims in accordance with payor requirements
- Verifying accuracy of billing data and revising any errors
- Importing/posting payments from all payor types
- Creating and distributing various financial reports as needed
- Timely resolution of all claims including appeals
- Following up on accounts for billing and on overdue accounts for collections via phone calls, re-submissions and adjustments for billing errors
- Working with personal information and maintaining patient confidentiality
Homecare Homebaseâ€™s mission is to empower exceptional care among all the clients we serve. The Home Health and Hospice Medical Biller supports this mission by facilitating cash flow for our customers so they can effectively run their businesses. We are seeking:
- Highly organized individuals who display a strong attention to detail
- Experienced billers with a knowledge of DDE, Zirmed, Ability, and other common clearinghouses
- Analytical thinkers with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team players who are passionate about their work and will actively contribute to a positive, collaborative environment
- Home health/hospice experience is preferred
What You Can Expect from Us
At Homecare Homebase, we don't just help our clients succeed; we help our employees succeed. Competitive pay, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities are a few of the many reasons that Homecare Homebase is a great place to build your career. Above all, employees are part of a work environment where we live our CARES values: Care, Act, Respect, Excel, and Smile.
Our Team Members Also Enjoy
Meaningful work. Our employees often tell us that their work gives them a sense of purpose because it makes a difference in the lives of clinicians and homecare staff, as well as the patients they serve.
A CEO who cares. CEO Scott Decker has continued the mission to create a culture that cares - one that appreciates and takes good care of its people. As a result, being an employee of HCHB feels like being a member of a big family.
Flexibility. We value work-life balance because we know that happy employees create happy clients. That's why Homecare Homebase offers both full and part-time career opportunities to fit life's unique demands.
A company that gives back. Every year, Homecare Homebase proudly supports numerous charitable fundraising initiatives that align with our mission of empowering exceptional care and helping others in need.
About Homecare Homebase
Founded in 1999, Homecare Homebase is dedicated to helping our clients overcome business and technological challenges that stand in the way of clinical outcomes and operational efficiency. We work with home health and hospice organizations to tackle problems big and small. Our services are rooted in systems thinking and reach across the entire organization â€" from Intake to Discharge â€" to achieve transformative results.
Sound like a good fit? Please take a moment to apply for this position.
Back to top