Automation Senior Pipeline Engineer
- Louisville, KY
HomecareHomebase, a subsidiary of Hearst Corporation is a market leader in healthcare software development providing mobilecloud-based solutions for clinical, operational, and financial improvement ofhomecare and hospice agencies throughout the United States. Our software enables real time solutions forwireless information exchange and communication between office staff, fieldstaff, and physicians.
Our success is fueled by our talented technology teams thatare driven by their passion to make a difference in patient care. Our employees work in a culture that isguided by values of caring, action, respect, excellence, and smile (a positiveattitude). If you want to work in a rolewhere your skills have a direct influence on patient care, Homecare Homebase isthe next step in your career. We arehiring technologists that want to make a difference.
AutomationSenior Pipeline Engineer
The AutomationSenior Pipeline Engineer is a technical leader who assures infrastructure and platformalignment to the system design and business strategy. The Automation Senior PipelineEngineer documents the system, analyzes impacts of new requirements, and deliversthe correct technical solutions in alignment with architectural and business requirements.Overall, the Automation Senior Pipeline Engineer has strong technical abilities,a sound understanding of modern CI/CD platform and infrastructure design, andpossesses advanced knowledge and skill in implementing relevant solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities for the AutomationSenior Pipeline Engineer can vary, but should include:
- Architect and build the pipeline reference architecture.
- Champion the integration of test automation within the pipelinefor regression and performance testing.
- Act as a technical leader and point of escalation, providementorship, and technical direction to team-members and evangelize bestpractices and methodologies.
- Implement standard deployment patterns including canary andblue/green at various levels of the system.
- Conduct necessaryanalysis, design and prepare technical documentation and runbooks for newtoolsets and processes.
- Stay current on applicable industry trends and integratedtechnologies.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with scrumteams, engineers, architects, vendors, contractors and leadership.
- Leverage, support,and advocate the use of configuration management tools for infrastructure in ahybrid cloud model.
- Amplify feedbackloops within the CI/CD pipeline and SDLC controls.
- 5+years of DevOps and enterprise production experience preferably with a SaaSsolution.
- 3+years experience in 24x7 production environments.
- Experiencewith scripting (eg. Bash â€" Powershell - TypeScript â€" Ruby - Python).
- Experiencewith programming languages (eg. C#, TSQL).
- Experiencewith security best practices in server configuration, tool development, andaccess controls.
- DevOps mindset practitioner and change agent.
- Proficient experience with git version controlincluding branching strategy, design and implementation.
- CI/CD pipeline design, build, test, and deploy in aproduction environment.
- Experience deploying or managing services inlarge-scale, geographically diverse environments.
- Proficiency in architecting and delivering technicalsolutions within cloud computing platforms (Azure).
- Experience with IaC (infrastructure as code) andrelated tools (ARM, Terraform).
- Direct experience migrating solutions to Azure(comparable cloud platforms considered).
- Experienceimplementing and managing Azure DevOps (VSTS) Artifacts, Boards, Repos,Pipelines, and Test Plans.
- Expertexperience in administration and troubleshooting for:
- ContinuousIntegration technology (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Azure DevOps, Ansible, Chef,Puppet, SonarQube, or related tools)
- Experience with automation and orchestration ofcomplex systems.
- Experience working in a regulated industry such asHIPAA, PCI, SOX.
- Experience workingin an Agile and/or SAFe environment.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, bias for actionand the ability to dive deep.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills withattention to detail and driving issues to resolution.
- Excellent ability to align business process andrequirements with a technical implementation.
- Ability to apply continuous improvement practice forincreasing the efficiency and scale of the pipeline with quality.
- Creates and maintains adetailed view of existing pipeline architecture.
- Aligns system capabilitiesto overall solution and business strategy.
- Design systems management solutions using automation andself-repair rather than relying on alarming and human intervention.
- Develop appropriate metrics and monitors to ensure operationalexcellence for services being supported.
Education / Certification / Training
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science,Engineering, Math or related (equivalent experience considered)
- Candidateswith relevant certifications are preferred, including but not limited to thefollowing:
- Configuration:RHCE-Ansible, Puppet Practitioner, Chef Certified Developer
- Kubernetes- CKA, KCSP
- Linuxâ€" RHCE, CompTIA Linux+, GCUX, LPI
- Microsoft:Azure Administrator, Azure DevOps Engineer, Azure Architect, MCSE
This position does not provide sponsorship. All applicants should either be US Citizens or Permanent Residents eligible to work in the US without immigration restrictions.
Back to top