Homecare Homebase, a subsidiary of Hearst Corporation is a market leader in healthcare software development providing mobile cloud-based solutions for clinical, operational, and financial improvement of homecare and hospice agencies throughout the United States. Our software enables real time solutions for wireless information exchange and communication between office staff, field staff, and physicians.
Our success is fueled by our talented technology teams that are driven by their passion to make a difference in patient care. Our employees work in a culture that is guided by values of caring, action, respect, excellence, and smile (a positive attitude). If you want to work in a role where your skills have a direct influence on patient care, Homecare Homebase is the next step in your career. We are hiring technologists that want to make a difference.
Automation Senior Pipeline Engineer
The Automation Senior Pipeline Engineer is a technical leader who assures infrastructure and platform alignment to the system design and business strategy. The Automation Senior Pipeline Engineer documents the system, analyzes impacts of new requirements, and delivers the correct technical solutions in alignment with architectural and business requirements. Overall, the Automation Senior Pipeline Engineer has strong technical abilities, a sound understanding of modern CI/CD platform and infrastructure design, and possesses advanced knowledge and skill in implementing relevant solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities for the Automation Senior Pipeline Engineer can vary, but should include:
- Architect and build the pipeline reference architecture.
- Champion the integration of test automation within the pipeline for regression and performance testing.
- Act as a technical leader and point of escalation, provide mentorship, and technical direction to team-members and evangelize best practices and methodologies.
- Implement standard deployment patterns including canary and blue/green at various levels of the system.
- Conduct necessary analysis, design and prepare technical documentation and runbooks for new toolsets and processes.
- Stay current on applicable industry trends and integrated technologies.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with scrum teams, engineers, architects, vendors, contractors and leadership.
- Leverage, support, and advocate the use of configuration management tools for infrastructure in a hybrid cloud model.
- Amplify feedback loops within the CI/CD pipeline and SDLC controls.
- 5+ years of DevOps and enterprise production experience preferably with a SaaS solution.
- 3+ years experience in 24x7 production environments.
- Experience with scripting (eg. Bash - Powershell - TypeScript - Ruby - Python).
- Experience with programming languages (eg. C#, TSQL).
- Experience with security best practices in server configuration, tool development, and access controls.
- DevOps mindset practitioner and change agent.
- Proficient experience with git version control including branching strategy, design and implementation.
- CI/CD pipeline design, build, test, and deploy in a production environment.
- Experience deploying or managing services in large-scale, geographically diverse environments.
- Proficiency in architecting and delivering technical solutions within cloud computing platforms (Azure).
- Experience with IaC (infrastructure as code) and related tools (ARM, Terraform).
- Direct experience migrating solutions to Azure (comparable cloud platforms considered).
- Experience implementing and managing Azure DevOps (VSTS) Artifacts, Boards, Repos, Pipelines, and Test Plans.
- Expert experience in administration and troubleshooting for:
- Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Azure DevOps, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SonarQube, or related tools)
- Experience with automation and orchestration of complex systems.
- Experience working in a regulated industry such as HIPAA, PCI, SOX.
- Experience working in an Agile and/or SAFe environment.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, bias for action and the ability to dive deep.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail and driving issues to resolution.
- Excellent ability to align business process and requirements with a technical implementation.
- Ability to apply continuous improvement practice for increasing the efficiency and scale of the pipeline with quality.
- Creates and maintains a detailed view of existing pipeline architecture.
- Aligns system capabilities to overall solution and business strategy.
- Design systems management solutions using automation and self-repair rather than relying on alarming and human intervention.
- Develop appropriate metrics and monitors to ensure operational excellence for services being supported.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related (equivalent experience considered)
- Candidates with relevant certifications are preferred, including but not limited to the following:
- Configuration: RHCE-Ansible, Puppet Practitioner, Chef Certified Developer
- Kubernetes - CKA, KCSP
- Linux - RHCE, CompTIA Linux+, GCUX, LPI
- Microsoft: Azure Administrator, Azure DevOps Engineer, Azure Architect, MCSE