Why Hearst Autos?
As the leading automotive media organization in the world, Hearst Autos connects car buyers, owners, and enthusiasts to the information they need, the experiences they crave and the stories they love â€" while connecting automotive marketers to this audience of unrivaled breadth and diversity. As a division of Hearst Magazines, we offer the best of both worlds: a nimble, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment coupled with the career development opportunities and perks of an established company.
Bring a Trailer is now a part of Hearst Autos family. BaT Auctions are the best way to buy and sell classic, collector, and enthusiast vehicles. We curate vehicles submitted by our audience and craft transparent auction listings that present the vehicles as they areâ€"without superlatives or dubious used-car-lot language. BaT's knowledgeable community of more than 415,000 users and over 175,000 registered bidders vets each listing so potential buyers can bid with confidence. We are currently hiring multiple Auction Specialists for this innovative and iconic business.
The impact you'll have
As an Auction Specialist at Bring A Trailer, your job will be to guide sellers through the online auction process. You'll assist the seller in moving from a completed submission for a collector car to a successful auction experience, while providing excellent customer service from start to finish. The ideal candidate may have a background in editorial or technical writing with a passion for autos or you may be working with customers in the auto space with a flair for writing. Auto mechanics with a love of writing are encouraged to apply!
In order to be considered for the role, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume for review.
What you'll do
- You will use your knowledge to support the seller through the auction process and act as a point of contact from start to finish.
- You will leverage your writing skills to create a thorough and objective auction listing based on the information provided by the seller.
- You will arrange photos and text in a listing template and photo gallery, with an eye for compelling visual content.
- Submit drafts to the editing team for technical and style review.
- Respond to all seller inquiries in a timely manner with appropriate action and maintain constant communication throughout the auction process.
- Monitor every assigned listing and their associated comments during the live auction period.
- You have excellent writing skills and the ability to write listings for clarity, grammar, and accuracy.
- You are a people person with outstanding customer service skills and a passion for providing a positive and professional customer experience.
- You are a stellar written communicator; you are cognizant of your written tone at all times and understand how to deescalate a situation via email.
- You have knowledge of classic cars and are able to communicate factual and technical details in a digestible way.
- You are solutions-oriented and approach problem solving with empathy and patience; you have the ability to patiently guide sellers through the auction process from start to finish from a first-time seller to a seasoned auction enthusiast.
- You are laser-focused on details and have a capacity for catching mistakes.
- You are comfortable working with an editor, receiving feedback and applying it to your work.
- You are familiar with WordPress and G Suite.
- You have domain knowledge; interest in the kind of vehicles we feature on BaT each day is a plus!
Back to top