Application Database Administrator
- Dallas, TX
The Application DBA is responsible for providing vision and assisting in the planning, design and architecture of new database services and products. They may be asked to provide technical leadership on multi-functional teams.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of multifunctional teams to own the design and architecture of logical entity model of HCHB's suite of products.
- Convert logical models into physical data models employing sound database normalization techniques.
- Create physical database objects like tables and views with appropriate data types, foreign keys, constraints and proper indexing.
- Create and maintain easy to follow technical documentation of data models.
- Serve as a go-to resource for questions related to existing and proposed logical and physical data models.
- Perform T-SQL code reviews and ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance.
- Assist with resolving performance of poorly executing stored procedures and queries.
- Support team initiatives by developing tools and identifying opportunities for process automation; assist in evaluation and selection of standard tools for the department.
- Conduct SQL Server lunch-and-learn sessions for System Engineers and evangelize good design and T-SQL coding practices.
- Periodically review and manage company T-SQL coding standards.
- 10 years of Information Technology experience in a Database Administration and/or Data Modeler role.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL design and architecture best-practices (i.e. third normal form, constraints and key relationships, etc.).
- Demonstrate a firm understanding of common database administration tasks and concepts such as backup & restore, recovery models, integrity checks, and replication methods.
- Expertise in using Profiler traces, Extended events and other tools to find poorly performing code.
- Expertise in query tuning and performance optimization is preferred.
- Experience using data modeling tools like ERWin, Visio, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure-based database systems, No-SQL databases, Operational Data Sources, and Data Lakes is preferred but not required.
- Firm understanding of modern SQL Server DR & scalability features. (i.e. Always On Availability Groups, Resource Governor, etc. preferred
- Strong desire to maintain a high level of professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Citizenship: HCHB requires all applicants to be US citizens or have a green card allowing them to work in the US without being subject to export control restrictions.
This position does not provide sponsorship. All applicants should either be US Citizens or Permanent Residents eligible to work in the US without immigration restrictions
Back to top