- Lancaster, PA
WGAL, the Hearst Television NBCaffiliate in Lancaster, PA, is looking for an Anchor/Reporter to join our award-winningjournalism team. The ideal candidate bringsthe energy of live reporting to the anchor desk every day. In addition tocredibility, poise, and personality; we are looking for someone whoisn't afraid to ask the tough questions and hold those in poweraccountable. This position includesfield work and the successful candidate will demonstrate the abilityto break big stories, enterprise exclusives, and execute energetic live shots.
Our anchors are newsroomleaders who work hand-in-hand with producers and reporters to build excellentnewscasts. They write and edit scriptswith conversational communication in mind. We are looking for a versatile,enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tightdeadlines, can develop sources and has excellent live reporting skills.
• Deliver on-air news, both live and recorded, scripted and unscripted, with clarity, accuracy and confidence.
• Collaborate with producers and reporters innewscast production
• Build sources, generate enterprise story ideasand participate in editorial meetings.
• Coordinate with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles and have exclusive content
• Contribute pictures, video and text updates tomobile platforms consistently throughout the day and engage with audiences onsocial platforms.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethicalstandards
• Appears on behalf of the station at publicevents
• Past anchoring experience (atleast 3-5 years preferred)
• Past reporting experience (at least 3-5years preferred)
• Ability to enterprise and uncover impactful stories
• Excellent research skills
• Related military experience willbe considered
• Proven Anchor with abilityto connect with viewers, in addition to strong reporting skills
• Strong writing and storytellingskills and ability to convey information in a clear, concise andconversational manner
• Excellent live reportingskills and strong on-camera presentation
• Ability to operate mobiletransmission devices and use latest technology
• Can work in all weatherconditions and carry up to 50 pounds
• Has a valid driver's license, anda clear driving record
• Ability to work a flexibleschedule, including nights and weekends as needed
• Can deal with the stresses andpressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Strongresearch skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines
• Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom ofInformation Act) process
• Bachelor's degree preferred orequivalent proven work experience
• Equivalent militarytraining from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experiencewill be considered.
Back to top