- Lancaster, PA
WGAL in Lancaster, Pa. has a full time opening for a Traffic Anchor/Reporter to be part of our top-rated morning news team.
The ideal candidate has an excellent on-air presence and strong reporting skills. This person will report to our morning Executive Producer. He/she will search for traffic news throughout the morning, confirm it, present them live from the studio. A successful candidate also will have an interest in daily, general assignment reporting. We are looking for people ready to develop news sources and enterprise exclusive content for WGAL and WGAL.com, and who want to land the story that leads the evening newscast.
We are looking for an excellent storyteller who will also engage with our viewers on social media. This person will also produce our morning traffic reports and present them live during our morning newscast.
- Work independently to identify breaking stories each morning to report live on air.
- Ability to report in the field or studio on breaking news
- Prepare morning traffic report graphics
- Gather information for traffic reports
- Provide clear and concise live traffic reports
- Research and report up-to-the-minute traffic conditions
- Produce traffic graphics and use live video
- Report on morning traffic information on digital platforms as well as on TV
- Maintaining a traffic live wire through the end of the shift.
- Report in the field after AM shows to cover daily stories
- Fill-in anchor as needed
- Looking for 1-2 years as television news reporter. Anchor experience is a plus.
- Equivalent military experience will be considered.
- Knowledge and experience of the station's traffic system.
- Must be a self-starter and able to ad lib in breaking news situations.
- Must speak clearly, have basic knowledge of how to use a computer and basic knowledge of social media outlets.
- Must have strong reporting skills to include breaking news
- Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
Back to top