- New York, NY
With more than 3,000 employees across the nation, Hearst Newspapers publishes 24 dailies and 52 weeklies, including the Houston Chronicle, San Francisco Chronicle, San Antonio Express-News and Albany Times Union. It also operates digital marketing services and directories businesses under the LocalEdge brand.
We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate data engineers and data scientists in creating Hearst Newspaper's next generation of data products and capabilities. Candidates should possess a deep knowledge of data analytics, modern data processing technology stacks, and have strong problem solving and debugging skills. We are a small and efficient data team building scalable data pipelines on cloud platforms for data analysis and reporting processes and support a variety of stakeholders.
• Design measurement plans for new products and enhance tracking for existing products.
• Maintain the schema of the data layer on our websites -- maintain documentation,
maintain structure, and design new enhancements as needed.
• Coordinate with cross functional teams (Product, Business Intelligence, Data
Engineering, Front/BackEnd Developers, Marketing, and others) to design and maintain
tracking solutions to measure desired product KPIs.
• Manage Google Analytics accounts, create new properties, provision new custom
dimensions and new metrics across properties.
with developers to provide supporting \"infrastructure.\"
• Work with third-party vendors to capture events and translate measurement plans into
• Customize Chartbeat (3rd party vendor) scripts and site configurations to track new data
• Implement and maintain measurement plans for embedded video players such as
• Maintain and enhance analytics implementations for subscription purchase workflows -focuses on designing and implementing tracking solutions for subscription platforms such as Casper, MG2 and NCS. Key tool is Google Analytics, but may involve other tools.
• Perform Analytics QA on existing and new tracking solutions, fix issues directly, and coordinate with engineering where needed.
• Manage our Google Search Console setup -- manage user permissions, onboard new sites.
• Oversee use of our Ensighten tag management system, including managing user permissions, ensuring that tags play nicely with one another, policing workflows and release cadence. Coordinate with Ensighten admins in other divisions and liaise with Ensighten account team.
• Work with various business units and stakeholders to gather requirements for new projects and collaborate with data analysts and project managers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
• 3+ years of solid experience in data analytics.
• Knowledge with relational databases a plus.
• Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX/Linux commands a plus.
• Experience with cloud platforms. Google GCP preferred.
• Ability to learn modern data technologies.
• Experience with agile methodology is a plus.
• Experience with BI tools like Looker and PowerBI is a bonus.
Back to top