Do you want to join a premier multimedia company? When you start a career with Hearst Television, not only will you work amongst passionate professionals who take pride in what they do, but you will be a part of a progressive culture where your talents will be valued.
KMBC-TV/Hearst Television's ABC affiliate in Kansas City, has an opening for an experienced Account Executive.
We are looking for an Account Executive who will develop and maintain business on all platforms - TV, digital, and multicast. The ideal candidate has media sales experience, is a self-starter, thrives in a goal-oriented team environment, and has a desire to WIN! Are you ready to take the next step in your sales career, make a great living, and join a top company in the broadcast media industry? If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you!
- Generate new business revenue across all platforms
- Manage and cultivate an active account list
- Ensure all revenue goals are achieved
- Create and deliver sales presentations to client/agency personnel
- Collaborate with other departments in station to ensure client satisfaction
- 3+ years of media sales experience preferred, plus an excellent understanding of media plans, the advertising marketplace, and key competition
- Military training and experience will be considered in lieu of media sales experience
- Ability to use interpersonal communication skills to develop rapport with clients, anticipate needs, and negotiate
- Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Kantar or other commercial monitoring program, and Microsoft applications a plus
- Must possess a driver's license with a good driving record
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.