Mailing Services in Tipton and Wilton, Iowa
What We Do...
CDS Global is the leading provider of end-to-end business process outsourcing. With more than 40 years of expertise, we support brands across industries, including media, nonprofits, utilities and consumer products.
Our one-stop-shop mailing services help our client's simplify the process of preparing, printing and mailing communications, leveraging economies of scale and deep postal discounts without sacrificing quality or speed.
We produce and mail 535 million pieces annually using seamless programs that handle the printing, mailing of promotions, acknowledgements, bills, renewals and more.
What You Will Do...
As a Maintenance Technician
Performs repair and preventative maintenance on all machines and devices used for the production of mail in the Lettershop. This included electrical, mechanical, diagnostics, removal and replacment and adjusting and installations.
Starting Base Wage is $15.70 p/h (2nd & 3rd shift receive 10% shift pay or $17.27 p/h).
• Maintains confidentiality of CDS Global and its clients' proprietary information.
• Performs repairs on all machines/devices used for the production of mail.
• Repairs may include mechanical, electrical, diagnostics, adjustments, removal, replacement, wiring, circuitry, adjusting, fabrication and installations.
• Performs and tracks preventative maintenance on all machines and devices per standard operating procedures, training, or manuals per schedule.
• Assists or performs setups of all machines/devices used for the production of mail.
• Utilizes tools of the trade both mechanical and technical.
• Training to empower other Mechanics or production staff.
• Interacts in cooperative and professional manner, with all levels of employees, vendors and/or clients, in team environment.
• Organizes tasks and resources to complete work and meet deadlines according to established departmental procedures.
• Follows CDS Global ergonomic and safety policies, including lock out tag out.
• May assist with weather related clean up, e.g., snow removal, pumps etc.
• Open or close facility and starting and idling equipment and service units.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
(The above duties may be performed anywhere from 0-100% of the workday.)
(Employee needs to be able to work in designated department/area and participate, if applicable, in CDS Global ergonomic stretching/strengthening exercise program.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Mechanical, Electrical, and electronic knowledge required.
• Ability to successfully complete the CDS Global Maintenance Training Program.
• Ability to interpret diagrams, manuals, instructions, and instruments.
• Ability to convey clear information to others, using verbal, written, or other appropriate communication techniques for training, discovery, and strategy.
• Ability to make decisions based upon written or verbal guidelines.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others.
• Ability to organize tasks in order to complete work in a reasonable time frame.
• Ability to solve problems in an effective and efficient manner.
• Ability to react to change and remain productive.
• Ability to work independently or as a teammate.
• Ability to prioritize workload and take direction/requests from all levels.
• Willingness to take initiative proactively.
• Willingness to share knowledge to strengthening coworker's skill level.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
(Continuous = 67-100% of workday, Frequent = 34-66% of workday, Occasional = 6-33% of workday, Rare = 1-5% of workday)
Inside: 95% Outside: 5%
Frequent - NA
Chemical Hazards, Electrical Hazards, Noise Decibel Rating 85dB 8h TWA.
Elevated Surfaces > 3', Exposure to Weather.
Visual Acuity of 20/40 or better up to 20", Visual Acuity of 20/40 or better up to 20', Walking.
Gripping/Grasping, Pinching, Reaching between Shoulder & Waist.
Bending, Crawling, Kneeling, Lower Arm rotation, Lifting/ Carrying (0-10 lbs.), Reaching below Waist, Sitting, Squatting, Wrist Extension, Wrist Flexion.
Climbing Ladders, Driving Vehicles, Keying, Lifting/ Carrying (11-24 lbs.), Lifting/ Carrying (25-50 lbs.), Lifting/ Carrying (51-74 lbs.), Pulling/ Pushing (0-10 lbs.), Pulling/ Pushing (11-24 lbs.), Reaching above Shoulder.
Position requires hearing and talking with or without an aide.
Hand tools including: Hammer, screwdriver, pliers, wrenches, voltmeter, Allen wrench etc.
Electric, battery or gas-powered equipment and tools
Meters, gauges, dials, probes, sealing and specialty tools
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
EOE/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Pre-employment background check(s) conducted on qualified candidates.
Post-offer/Pre-employment Drug Screen Required
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process
please contact Human Resources at:
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Mailing Services in Tipton and Wilton, Iowa