Senior Data Scientist
HealthTap is hiring a Senior Data Scientist!
Are you excited by an opportunity to leverage huge amounts of data and your skills to solve a fundamental need of all human beings? If so, we have a once in a lifetime opportunity for you to use invaluable health-related data, connect the dots, and help us save lives every day. HealthTap is bringing together the best talent to build a best in class data team in digital health.
Right now, we're looking for a world leading Senior Data Scientist to bring virtual care to billions of people globally safely and securely.
HealthTap, a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, is the world’s first Global Health Practice delivering immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7 from query-to-cure. Through video, voice, and text chat on any mobile device or personal computer, we connect hundreds of millions of people in 174 countries with the most trusted and compassionate health advice from a network of more than 107,000 top doctors.
How does that work?
- You can search the world's largest library (more than 5.7 billion answers served) of peer-reviewed doctor knowledge for any health topic
- Or ask help from Dr. A.I, our virtual “physician” who translates your symptoms into personalized, doctor-recommended insights and best course of action—trained by HealthTap’s doctor network
- And if needed, connect with a doctor for a live virtual consult through voice, video, or text—and get prescriptions, labs tests, and referrals as needed. HealthTap’s proprietary, robust, and secure Health Operating System (HOPES™) and proprietary triaging technology, powered by Artificial Intelligence, enable hospital systems, insurance companies, employers, and governments worldwide to deliver the right care at the right time at the right cost. We generate significant revenue and are funded by some of the world's most reputable investors. Just like the quality of the services we provide, security matters to us most! HealthTap is, therefore, HIPAA-compliant and SOC 2 Type II-certified.
What’s the opportunity?
As a senior member of the data team, you'll have resources, autonomy, and the support of other A-players to drive detection, prevention, and analysis of security threats of the HOPES™ platform and the millions of active patients and doctors on it.
Examples of data projects you could work on:
- Realize the dreams of Dr A.I., our artificial intelligence powered virtual physician, by enhancing the machine learning model
- Mine our knowledge base of more than 5.5 billion doctor answers served and improve the lives of millions of people
- Implement and own deep analysis of very large datasets
- Real-time trending of health-related issues
Need to have
- You’re passionate about making the world a happier, healthier place
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, CS, OR, or related field)
- You have 3+ years of experience using quantitative approaches to solve challenging and meaningful analytical problems (or equivalent)
- You are proficient in programming and the use of analytic tools to perform rapid design, prototyping, analysis, simulation of, and experimentation with, advanced algorithms and technologies such as Python, R, Java, SQL, Matlab, Mathematica
- You have solid grounding in applied mathematics and statistics including expertise in Bayesian Modeling, Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Machine Learning, Cluster Analysis, Decision Analysis, Time-series Analysis and Forecasting, Factor Analysis, Structural Equation Modeling, Item Response Theory, Markov chains, Data Visualization (ggplot2/Shiny/matplotlib)
- You have real-world experience working with massive amount of data using big data tools such as HIve, Pig, Impala, Spark Streaming/SQL, Presto, etc.
- You have worked with large scale data platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, NoSQL (DynamoDB/Cassandra/MongoDB), etc.
- You don’t stop until the problem is solved
- You like extreme ownership
Nice to have
- You are familiar with AWS
- You have a working knowledge of Map-Reduce, ETL, Tableau
- An entrepreneurial background is a plus
- Working experience in a smaller hyper-growth startup is a plus
- Protect people and save lives
- Enjoy autonomy— the security team will directly report to the CTO of HealthTap
- Work in either of our locations: Palo Alto’s University Avenue office (steps from Caltrain), or in San Francisco
- Get served catered lunch, dinners, and healthy snacks
- Take advantage of subsidized gym membership
- Relax with in-office massages
- Get covered by full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Enjoy competitive compensation and equity
- Win at work in a diverse culture--Visa sponsorship is available
- Enjoy a pet-friendly office with 4 legged members of our team :)
Meet Some of HealthTap's Employees
Special Operations Lead
Vanessa leads special projects at HealthTap by working with the CEO and various external partners to take on priority projects that fall outside of the usual scope of operations.
Back to top