HealthTap: A Mission-Driven Company
Our mission is to help people live healthier, happier, longer lives. HealthTap is the world’s first global health practice. We connect millions everywhere with the most trusted doctors and health advice–from any mobile device or computer. Launched in 2010, we are the world’s fastest growing virtual care company, and our products are used by hundreds of millions of people. We’re based in Palo Alto, founded by successful serial entrepreneurs passionate about making a positive difference in the world. Our investors include Khosla Ventures, the Mayfield Fund, Eric Schmidt, and others. HealthTap was named a 2015 Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum.
We’re hiring exceptional talent and inspiring leaders in all areas: from engineering and data, to product, to business operations and marketing and more. If you’re deeply passionate about solving meaningful problems and making a real difference in the world; if you’re up for the challenge of transforming global healthcare; and if you’re ready to see your work used by millions of people around the world, read on.
Your role and impact
Healthtap has the highest standards of security, and we’re looking for security engineers who are passionate about protecting our applications, infrastructure and data. You will be in charge of identifying and responding to any vulnerabilities within our organization. Your work will make it possible for people to live longer, healthier, happier lives, and will bring concierge medicine and peace of mind to millions of people around the world, safely and securely.
- Securing our highly rated (4.5+ on all app stores) existing applications while helping to define the roadmap for future secure HealthTap platform and apps
- Conduct penetration testing, security code reviews, and architectural reviews, proactively addressing security concerns before they happen
- Collaborate with other engineers and with product teams to evangelize secure coding practices
- Improve tools to identify security flaws in code and streamline our processes
- Promoting on-premise and off-site best practices for personnel to secure their equipment and connections.
- Confirming appropriate trainings and education are current and completed by all employees
What you bring to us
- A BS/MS in computer science from a top school (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of security engineering work experience
- Thorough knowledge of web application security, authentication protocols, mobile application security, securing cloud based services including AWS, and threat secure architecture
- Experience developing tools and processes to reliably identify security issues
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to clearly explain security concepts and technologies
- Understanding of Agile development methodology a plus
- Startup or equivalent experience (preferred) and the desire to live the dream (required)
More about working with us
- We connect people with trusted doctors and health information, and deliver immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7 through video, voice, and text chat, directly from any mobile device or computer. You can read our Vision and Credo here.
- We are a fast-growing startup that's making a transformational impact (while helping millions worldwide). We value passion, intelligence, experience, tenacity, and diversity.
- Our contemporary offices are based in downtown Palo Alto, in the heart of Silicon Valley, a short walk from the CalTrain Station
- We take care of our team and offer fantastic benefits. We provide daily catered lunches, chef-prepared dinners, and healthy snacks. We offer competitive compensation and equity. We provide full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as subsidized gym memberships, and much more.
Meet Some of HealthTap's Employees
Special Operations Lead
Vanessa leads special projects at HealthTap by working with the CEO and various external partners to take on priority projects that fall outside of the usual scope of operations.
Back to top