HealthTap is on the move!
We’re seeking an exceptionally talented and driven search engineer to lead our search initiative for our consumer- and doctor-facing digital health platform. As an early contributor to our growing engineering team, you’ll play a key role by taking ownership of our search engine development to improve search results for our users. If this sounds like you, please read on!
Who You Are
· You understand the importance of relevance
· You know how to balance recall with precision
· You know when to sound the alarm bell
· You want all the facts, but just the facts
· You have a soft spot for penguins
· You live and breathe transparency
· You believe in the power of suggestion
· You’re agile
· You’re not afraid of spiders
· You know that a good search result is a personalized search result
· You believe in evolution
· You understand why SaaS is a good model for search
What You Want From Your Next Career Move
To change the world through your programming skills, and to advance the field of search so people can find the information they need faster and more easily.
Why We Need You
We need someone to help us build the next generation of search features and infrastructure. You would improve the quality of our search results and conversion rate, and help us tackle new challenges like discovery and personalization.
How You’ll Change Global Healthcare
To help people live longer, healthier, and happier lives, bringing simplicity and clarity to health information and connections, and encouraging healthy engagement through compelling design.
What You’ve Accomplished
· Experience with large-scale search infrastructure. Familiarity with Lucene/Solr/ElasticSearch a must
· Experience developing frameworks for performance measurement and analysis
· Comprehensive knowledge of the Linux operating system, especially process and system monitoring facilities
· Experience building SaaS applications
· Experience leading and driving production escalations: monitoring, remediation, patch deliver, root-cause analysis
· Ruby (or Java) development experience, strong object-oriented programming skills
· Knowledge of statistical analysis and experimental design techniques
· Experience with agile and test-driven development techniques
· Real-world experience with information retrieval, machine learning, and recommendation system
· Experience working with large, custom search systems
Meet Some of HealthTap's Employees
Special Operations Lead
Vanessa leads special projects at HealthTap by working with the CEO and various external partners to take on priority projects that fall outside of the usual scope of operations.
Back to top