Product Marketing Manager Growth
Healthcare is expensive and complex. Help us fix it.
HealthTap has assembled talent to form the first growth team in digital health. Read more about how the team started here:
Right now, we're looking for the first Product Marketing Manager Growth to bring affordable virtual care to a billion people.
HealthTap is the first global virtual health practice, powered by more than 107,000 U.S. doctors, delivering fast, affordable, and high-quality care.
How does that work?
- You can search the world's largest library (more than 5.5 billion answers served over six years) of peer-reviewed doctor knowledge for any health topic
- Or ask help from Dr. A.I, our virtual “physician” who translates your symptoms into personalized, doctor-recommended insights—trained by HealthTap’s doctor network
- And if needed, connect with a doctor for a live virtual consult through voice, video, or text—and get prescriptions, labs tests, and referrals afterwards
Not only have we served more than 250 million people over the past six years, we have also partnered with the most reputable health providers and health payors -- from New Zealand to the United States -- who are using our HOPES platform to help their patients receive and doctors deliver faster, more affordable, and high-quality care.
We’re a venture-backed (with the likes of Khosla, Eric Schmidt, and Mayfield Fund) health-tech startup based in the heart of Palo Alto.
What’s the opportunity?
As part of the growth team that directly reports to the CEO, you'll have resources, autonomy, and the support of other growth friends to drive user engagement through rapid innovation and experimentation.
You'll work in your own interdisciplinary team—together with growth designers, growth engineers, and growth data scientists to brainstorm, prioritize, ship, and analyze growth interventions around the OKRs you try to move in a quarter.
Examples of product growth projects you could work on:
- Increase first time activation of people by building and optimizing the onboarding flow for the recently launched Dr. A.I.
- Drive engagement - more people that thank a doctor - by improving the quality of the millions of health answers in our library.
- Realize a higher quarterly retention of people coming back to HealthTap by working on mobile and browser push notifications.
Need to have
- You’re passionate about making the world a happier, healthier place
- You have worked at least for 3 years on a consumer software product that people love to use, and you know the metrics and interventions to get to that success
- You have a T-shaped skill set -- with a T in email marketing and push notifications
- You know how to set up new product marketing channels from 0 to 1
- You’re accustomed to a data-driven, experimentation-oriented approach in a fast paced, agile environment -- running experiments is your bread and butter that gets you excited
- You have the experience and ability to explain complex topics with clarity and humor so people understand it and remember it (in fact you are the Eric Barker or Samuel Hulick of product marketing)
- Your friends tell you that you have empathy
- You like extreme ownership and autonomy
- You enjoy educating others: for example, by writing a playbook for other partners about how to drive first time user activation amongst a patient population by using HealthTap
- You have experience with conversion-rate optimization
Nice to have
- BS / MS / PhD in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, CS, OR, or related field)
- You’re experienced with instrumentation for A / B testing (tools like Optimizely), performance tracking, and analytics
- Behavioral psychology background
- Product Design & UX background
- Experience with customer development for another startup
- Background in driving (digital) health engagement
- An entrepreneurial, scrappy background
- Background in gaming, online dating, travel, lead gen (i.e. financial products) is a plus
- Use your marketing skills while saving lives
- Enjoy ownership— the growth team will directly report to the CEO of HealthTap
- Thrive by collaboration— by optimizing our growth you'll touch all parts of the product and therefore you'll interact with almost every team: engineering, product, design, customer service, doctors operations
- Work in a modern office on Palo Alto’s University Avenue (steps from Caltrain)
- Get served catered lunch, dinners and healthy snacks
- Take advantage of subsidized gym membership
- Relax with in-office massages
- Get covered by full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Enjoy competitive compensation and equity
- Win at work in a diverse culture--visa sponsorship is available
- Pet the in-office puppies :)
Meet Some of HealthTap's Employees
Special Operations Lead
Vanessa leads special projects at HealthTap by working with the CEO and various external partners to take on priority projects that fall outside of the usual scope of operations.
Back to top