Product Marketing Manager
HealthTap is hiring a Product Marketing Manager!
Our mission is to help people live healthier, happier, longer lives. HealthTap is the world’s first global health practice. We connect millions everywhere with the most trusted doctors and health advice–from any mobile device or computer. Launched in 2010, we are the world’s fastest growing virtual care company, and our products are used by hundreds of millions of people. We’re based in Palo Alto, founded by successful serial entrepreneurs passionate about making a positive difference in the world. HealthTap is a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and the world’s first Global Health Practice delivering immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7 from Query to Cure. Our founders come from Stanford, Yale, and IIT, and our team is composed of people from top schools like Stanford, Berkeley, CMU, and IIT. Our team is entering growth-mode, and we need sharp talent to help us take HealthTap to the next level.
Serve as the internal voice of HealthTap’s current and prospective medical practitioner “customers”. Your work and insights will be the foundation and fuel for the acquisition of new practitioners into the HealthTap Network and their engagement on the platform.
You will join a quickly expanding Medical Expert acquisition and engagement marketing team which has ambitious targets for the growth of our medical practitioner network and the level of engagement those practitioners will exhibit. You will have enormous responsibility in driving the activities that will lead us to hit our targets. In this entrepreneurial role, you must simultaneously excel at setting strategy and at getting things done; you must be comfortable with both quantitative and qualitative approaches. Your efforts will create a virtuous cycle that will allow us to optimize our acquisition and engagement techniques: deep data analysis will help you craft creative high level acquisition and engagement strategies which you will then test using rigorous experimentation frameworks in close collaboration with the content marketing team. Everything you do must drive more efficient and higher levels of both acquisition and engagement with the HealthTap platform. This role reports to the Head of MedEx and will work closely with all members of the Medical Expert team as well as cross functionally across the organization.
- Create (and constantly refine) medical practitioner personas / use cases through customer segmentation and data analysis
- Bring these personas to life for the Medical Expert team and others throughout the company
- Data analysis
- Deeply understand the needs of our prospective and current medical practitioners
- Extract key insights that will allow us to deliver highly desirable and engaging content at the most impactful moments
- Gather supplemental data as needed (e.g. focus groups, surveys)
- Refine messaging around HealthTap’s value propositions vis a vis practitioner personas
- Define the pillars of positioning and messaging for the content marketing team (acquisition and engagement) based on your data analysis and personas. Ensure we target each medical practitioner with the content that will resonate with them most.
- Collaborate with the content marketing team to create robust experimentation frameworks for testing positioning and messaging and ultimately optimizing campaign performance
- Rapidly develop an understanding for how to spur a medical practitioners to action throughout their journey on the HealthTap platform
- Share insights
- Feed practitioner insights back to product management and other teams to ensure all teams benefit from the knowledge we develop about how to best engage practitioners
- Using a data driven approach, and in conjunction with product management, own go-to-market planning for rolling out new features, Use these go-to-market plans as opportunities for increasing engagement with the practitioners on our platform.
- Assist with testing + validation of potential product features (prototyping)
- Work with the content marketing team to experiment with new distribution channels for our messages
Required Skills & Attributes
- Are passionate about the HealthTap mission!
- Enjoy operating independently and with extreme ownership over what you do
- Are entrepreneurial, scrappy, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Are singularly focused on achieving your goals and continuously improving your approaches
- Boast diverse quantitative and qualitative skill sets from strategy and customer research to data analysis and go-to-market planning
- Have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Are a creative problem solver
- Are empathetic and obsessed with your “customer” and put their needs at the center of everything you do
- You have a T-shaped skill set -- with one of your T skill sets in email marketing
- Excel at translating complex, technical concepts into simple straightforward sound bites
- Take a data-driven, experimentation-heavy approach to everything and thrive in a metrics heavy environment
- Enjoy storytelling and sharing your insights about your customer
We are looking for past experience and knowledge of best practices in the following areas:
- Customer research, segmentation, and persona definition
- Translating piles of data into actionable insights
- Customer acquisition and/or engagement strategy
- Defining positioning, value propositions, and messaging based on data
- Close collaboration with content marketing
- Defining and executing rigorous A/B experiments; knowledge of the associated best practices and tools
- Capable of writing SQL to extract data from an MDM system
- Development of new marketing channels
- Go-to-market planning for new features and initiatives
- 3+ years product marketing experience working on customer or small business software products
- Experience with gamification principles a plus
- Experience working directly with software engineers
- BS / MS / PhD in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, CS, OR, or related field) a plus
- Experience in healthcare or working with medical professionals a plus
- Mission-driven company. Your work will literally save lives!
- Catered lunch, dinners, and healthy snacks
- Subsidized gym membership
- In-office massages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Diverse work culture (Visa sponsorship is available)
- Dog friendly office
More about us
- We connect people with trusted doctors and health-information, and deliver immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7 through video, voice, and text chat, directly from any mobile device or computer. You can read our Vision and Credo here.
- We are a fast-growing startup that's making a transformational impact (while helping millions worldwide). We value passion, intelligence, experience, tenacity, and diversity. Check out this short documentary.
- Ask to see our “Introduction to joining HealthTap” booklet!
- Our contemporary offices are based in downtown Palo Alto, in the heart of Silicon Valley, a short walk from the CalTrain Station. We’re opening a San Francisco office soon, too.
Meet Some of HealthTap's Employees
Special Operations Lead
Vanessa leads special projects at HealthTap by working with the CEO and various external partners to take on priority projects that fall outside of the usual scope of operations.
Back to top