HealthTap is hiring an Instructional Designer!
Our mission is to help people live healthier, happier, longer lives. HealthTap is the world’s first global health practice. We connect millions everywhere with the most trusted doctors and health advice–from any mobile device or computer. Launched in 2010, we are the world’s fastest growing virtual care company, and our products are used by hundreds of millions of people. We’re based in Palo Alto, founded by successful serial entrepreneurs passionate about making a positive difference in the world. HealthTap is a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and the world’s first Global Health Practice delivering immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7 from Query to Cure. Our founders come from Stanford, Yale, and IIT, and our team is composed of people from top schools like Stanford, Berkeley, CMU, and IIT. Our team is entering growth-mode, and we need sharp talent to help us take HealthTap to the next level.
Create scalable, highly effective training materials that result in quick and widespread activation of medical practitioners.
You will join a quickly expanding marketing team that has ambitious targets for the growth of our medical practitioner network and their level of engagement. You will have significant responsibility in driving the activities that will enable us to hit our engagement targets. In this entrepreneurial role, you will simultaneously excel at the creative and the scientific; you will design and produce exceptionally compelling training materials while also critically analyzing data to assess the success of your materials. Your materials will be a key component of guiding our medical practitioners through their HealthTap experiences. Through constant and rigorous experimentation, your efforts will drive continually more efficient and higher levels of activation and engagement of doctors on our platform. This role reports to the Head of Medical Expert Operations and will work closely with all members of the Medical Expert team as well as cross functionally in the organization.
- Deeply understand the medical practitioner experience on the HealthTap platform and the associated training needs
- Define instructional objectives and associated business outcomes
- Define and ruthlessly prioritize training objectives to focus on those that will return the highest amount of engagement for the least amount of effort
- Design and develop instructionally sound learning materials in a variety of mediums that convey critical information about the HealthTap platform, meet training objectives, and achieve desired business outcomes
- Maintain a library of existing training materials; update as needed
- Ensure training materials are presented in the most appropriate medium for the content and its recipients (video, articles, etc)
- Rigorously measure and collect feedback on the effectiveness of each piece of training content you produce. Extract learning to continuously improve the practitioner onboarding experience
- Work with product management and product marketing to ensure training on new features is delivered
- Work with the engagement marketing team to ensure that training is distributed for maximal effectiveness and engagement
Required Skills & Attributes
- Are passionate about the HealthTap mission!
- Focus on desired behavioral changes and human-centric design
- Are passionate about learning and setting others up for success
- Enjoy operating independently and with extreme ownership over what you do
- Are entrepreneurial, scrappy, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Are singularly focused on achieving your goals and continuously improving your approaches
- Are detail oriented
- Are curious
- Have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Take a creative, innovative approach anchored in data
- Adopt an experimentation-heavy approach to everything and thrive in a metrics heavy environment
- Continuously assess the effectiveness of the training materials you produce
We are looking for past experience and knowledge of best practices in the following areas:
- Experience in the full lifecycle of instructional design, from understanding needs to producing training materials to assessing success
- Experience in creating instructional design materials for software products
- Execution based on customer segmentation and personas
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex topics and technical information
- Experience with testing your own training methods and materials
- Experience applying current industry research, learning tools, and trends
- 3+ years experience with instructional design or curriculum development, ideally in a B2B software environment
- Undergraduate or Masters in instructional design, training design, or curriculum development a plus
- Experience in healthcare or working with medical professionals a plus
- Mission-driven company. Your work will literally save lives!
- Catered lunch, dinners, and healthy snacks
- Subsidized gym membership
- In-office massages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Diverse work culture (Visa sponsorship is available)
- Dog-friendly office
More about us
- We connect people with trusted doctors and health-information, and deliver immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7 through video, voice, and text chat, directly from any mobile device or computer. You can read our Vision and Credo here.
- We are a fast-growing startup that's making a transformational impact (while helping millions worldwide). We value passion, intelligence, experience, tenacity, and diversity. Check out this short documentary.
- Ask to see our “Introduction to joining HealthTap” booklet!
- Our contemporary offices are based in downtown Palo Alto, in the heart of Silicon Valley, a short walk from the CalTrain Station. We’re opening a San Francisco office soon, too.
Meet Some of HealthTap's Employees
Special Operations Lead
Vanessa leads special projects at HealthTap by working with the CEO and various external partners to take on priority projects that fall outside of the usual scope of operations.
Back to top