Health Informatics Director
HealthTap is taking off!
As a Health Informatics leader with unique problem-solving capabilities and a deep passion for quality, you have the ambition to help us scale and grow the next generation of HealthTap to serve billions around the world. If this sounds like you, please read on!
Who You Are
- You are passionate about making the world a healthier, happier place
- You are achievement oriented. You set challenging goals and work to meet them
- You have a dynamic approach to challenges
- You continuously strive to improve performance and accomplish more with fewer resources in less time.
- You have a bias for action. You maintain “can do” and “must do”attitude in spite of obstacles.
- You view obstacles as opportunities to improve capabilities.
- You are flexible. You work effectively with unstructured teams, situations, or environments and help others understand and accept new situations
- You think strategically
- You simplify away complexity
- You are driven by data
Why We Need You
HealthTap is a company that saves lives. That is disrupting the health care industry. As HealthTap’s Health Informatics Lead, you’ll be responsible for the development and implementation of the structure and representation of medical concepts and terms, and supports the development of HealthTap's comprehensive medical knowledgebase and medical data repository
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the design, organization and expansion of HealthTap's consumer-friendly ontology of health concepts.
- Ensure the effectiveness and understandability of health terms as they appear for both members and healthcare professionals on the website, in applications, and in external communications.
- Participate in development of HealthTap's rapidly growing healthcare knowledgebase.
- Participate in design and implementation of methods to update medical knowledge from a growing medical data repository
- Manage content-development efforts that support user understanding of healthcare topics.
How You’ll Change Global Healthcare
By being a part of HealthTap’s growing team, you’ll disrupt the current health care system and bring positive change and improved access to health care to millions of people everywhere.
What You've Achieved
- Formal training and experience in medical informatics, medical information systems, or medical terminologies, with a Ph.D. or a masters in a related field.
- A deep understanding of clinical processes. MD or DO preferred, or RN, ANP, or PA training with significant experience in health information systems and medical terminologies
- Deep, demonstrated project-management experience on projects related to terminology development, software development, or software implementation.
- Create informatics solutions that save lives
- Work with new technology
- Modern office on Palo Alto’s University Avenue (steps from Caltrain)
- Catered lunch, dinners and healthy snacks
- Subsidized gym membership
- In-office massages
- Full medical dental and vision coverage
- Competitive compensation and equity
- In office puppies :)
HealthTap is the first global virtual health practice, powered by more than 100,000 U.S. doctors, delivering fast, affordable, and quality care through our innovative H.O.P.E.S (Health Operating System).
How does that work?
- You can search the world's largest library (over 4 billion answers served) of doctor knowledge for any health topic
- If you need a more personalized answer, send a free health question to one of the 100,000 U.S doctors in our network—expect a response within 24 hours
- Or connect with a top U.S. primary care doctor for a live virtual consult— and get prescriptions, labs tests, and referrals if needed
- We’re a venture backed (with the likes of Khosla, Eric Schmidt, Mayfield Fund) health-tech startup based in the heart of Palo Alto.
Meet Some of HealthTap's Employees
Special Operations Lead
Vanessa leads special projects at HealthTap by working with the CEO and various external partners to take on priority projects that fall outside of the usual scope of operations.
Back to top