Head of Talent and Happiness
HealthTap is seeking a dynamic, passionate and thoughtful Head of Talent and Happiness to join our growing team. HealthTap is at a pivotal and exciting time in its history, and this is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious Head of Talent and Happiness to help HealthTap's culture jump up to the next level. This person will create and execute HR programs and HR communications, as well as provide tactical HR support to promote an environment and culture of entrepreneurship, personal ownership, and dynamic growth. This role is critical to the organization and requires someone with a broad experience in HR and the ability to work at all levels of the HR “stack” – strategic, operational, and tactical. To thrive in this role, you must love people and value autonomy while also collaborating as part of a team. You must be solutions-oriented and resourceful with the ability to analyze relevant data to recommend successful people-strategies.
- Champion and embody the HealthTap culture, mission, and values of entrepreneurship, ownership, and growth.
- Design and deliver training for managers and employees on HR best practices and new HR processes.
- Ensure Total Rewards are aligned to success, entrepreneurship, ownership, and growth.
- Partner with Managers to develop and document career growth opportunities for employees.
- Apply project management skills from beginning to end for Talent and Happiness initiatives.
- Partner and collaborate with internal and external advisors and company leadership to design strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain employees; and execute these strategies effectively.
- Improve work relationships, reinforce high morale, increase productivity and retention, provide policy guidance, interpretation, and conflict resolution.
- Assist HealthTap with people operations in HealthTap's global expansion.
- Work independently and in a collaborative team environment to prioritize, multi-task and manage projects, often conducting external research for HR best practice benchmarking.
- Prepare reports by researching, analyzing, collecting, and summarizing data and trends.
- Utilize your experiences and HR expertise to strategically bring the HealthTap team to the next level.
- Other responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- BS or BA degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience in HR in a startup, high growth, or medium-sized company (preferred).
- Hands-on experience and knowledge in multiple human resource disciplines including engagement, training and development, HRIS, employee relations, people metrics, recognition, compensation, performance management, recruitment, benefits, talent acquisition, recruiting, and federal and state employment laws.
- Effective communications skills: written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Experience with HRIS systems.
- Knowledge of the healthcare system or business development a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in high-volume, fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Confidentiality and ability to build relationships based on mutual trust.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Must be resourceful; willingness to do whatever it takes get the job done.
- Shape and create your own career happiness and success.
- Help scale and rapidly grow a one-of-a-kind startup, furthering our goal of being one of the most desirable and best places for anyone to work.
- Help improve the health and well being of millions everywhere and save lives every day.
- Make a difference in the world by solving meaningful problems.
- Stock options and growth opportunities.
- Full health insurance, catered healthy food and company outings.
Meet Some of HealthTap's Employees
Special Operations Lead
Vanessa leads special projects at HealthTap by working with the CEO and various external partners to take on priority projects that fall outside of the usual scope of operations.
Back to top