Full Stack Growth Engineer
Write Code. Save Lives.
Healthcare is expensive and complex. Help us fix it.
HealthTap has assembled talent to form the first growth team in digital health. Read more about how the team started here:
Right now, we're looking for a Full Stack Engineer to bring affordable virtual care to the world.
HealthTap is the first global virtual health practice, powered by more than 100,000 U.S. doctors, delivering fast, affordable, and high-quality care to people around the world.
How does that work?
- You can search the world's largest library (5.5 billion answers served over six years) of peer-reviewed doctor knowledge for any health topic
- Or ask help from Dr. A.I, our virtual “physician” who translates your symptoms into personalized, doctor-recommended insights — trained by HealthTap’s doctor network
- And if needed, connect with a doctor for a live virtual consult through voice, video, or text—and get prescriptions, labs tests, and referrals afterwards
Not only have we served more than 250 million people over the past six years, but the most reputable health providers and health payors — from New Zealand to the United States — are using our platform to help their patients receive and doctors deliver faster, more affordable, and quality care.
We’re a venture-backed (by the likes of Khosla, Eric Schmidt, Mayfield Fund) health-tech startup based in the heart of Palo Alto.
What’s the opportunity?
As part of the growth team that directly reports to the CEO, you'll have resources, autonomy, and the support of other growth friends to drive user growth through rapid innovation and experimentation.
You'll work in your own interdisciplinary team—together with other growth designers, growth engineers, growth data scientists, and the customer-success team members to brainstorm, prioritize, ship, and analyze growth interventions around the OKRs you try to move in a quarter.
Examples of product growth projects you could work on:
- Increasing search engine traffic that leads to more users that reach the HealthTap AHA moment by indexing symptom and condition reports generated by the recently launched Dr. A.I.
- Drive Chinese-speaking users in need of care to HealthTap by building SEO pages for the Chinese version of HealthTap
- Increase engagement by allowing our users to access HealthTap through new channels, such as Facebook Messenger, Skype, or Alexa
Need to have
- You have experience with the full stack
- You have worked on a product that people love to use, and you know the metrics and interventions to get to that success
- You’re driven by the impact of your code
- You have a sense for design and a strong opinion about product
- You’re passionate about making the world a happier, healthier place
- You’re accustomed to a data-driven, experimentation-oriented approach in a fast paced, agile environment
- You like extreme ownership and autonomy
- You like to go from 0 to 1 and enjoy educating others
- You’re interested in why something happened, not just what happened
Nice to have
- You've built growth experiments that moved key growth metrics
- You have mojo--an entrepreneurial, scrappy background is a plus
- Work experience in a smaller startup is a plus
- Background in gaming, online dating, travel, lead gen (i.e. financial products) is a plus
- You have experience with Rails
- Write code and save lives
- Enjoy autonomy— the product growth team will directly report to the CEO of HealthTap
- Work in a modern office on Palo Alto’s University Avenue (steps from Caltrain)
- Get served catered lunch, dinners and healthy snacks
- Take advantage of subsidized gym membership
- Relax with in-office massages
- Get covered by full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Enjoy competitive compensation and equity
- Win at work in a diverse culture--visa sponsorship is available
- Pet the in-office puppies :)
Meet Some of HealthTap's Employees
Special Operations Lead
Vanessa leads special projects at HealthTap by working with the CEO and various external partners to take on priority projects that fall outside of the usual scope of operations.
Back to top