Director of Engineering
HealthTap is taking off!
As a Director of Engineering with unique problem-solving capabilities, you have a deep passion for quality, and the drive to build out a world-class team of exceptional engineers. If this sounds like you, please read on!
Who You Are
- Your vision is clear and far-seeing
- You believe that brevity is the soul of wit
- You know how to read between the lines
- You can see both the forest and the trees
- You know how to reconcile seemingly contradictory requirements
- You know how to communicate in a way that everyone understands
- You understand how to smooth ruffled feathers
- You take delight in mentoring promising newbies
- You have a backbone
- You stand up for your people
- You listen carefully
- You give credit where credit is due
- You never micro manage
- You take risks when appropriate
- You create an atmosphere of collaboration and cooperation
- You know how to spot amazing people
- You know when to get out of the way
- You protect your team from trivia
- You’re not afraid to ask for advice
What you want from your next career move
To use your leadership and technical skills to build a team of extraordinary engineers. To truly make a difference in the lives of millions of people.
Why we need you
HealthTap is a company that saves lives. A company that is going to change the face of health care for good. We want to identify and hire a director of engineering capable of building a world-class engineering team that will attract talent for years to come.
We need you to:
- Foster and support a culture of innovation and excellence within our engineering organization
- Define critical architectures to deliver on the product while working closely with the CTO and head of product to jointly define product milestones and deliver on them
- Track and analyze metrics to inform your efforts
How You’ll Change Global Healthcare
Your engineering leadership will foster and support a culture of innovation and excellence that will help HealthTap revolutionize medicine and transform the doctor-patient relationship.
What You’ve Achieved
- BS / MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Extensive professional experience as a technology leader at a consumer-facing software/mobile company
- Strong experience in: data modeling, data collection and aggregation, data mining and analytics, and Ruby on Rails and/or Java based web application development
- An entrepreneurial nature with a strong passion for solving difficult problems
- Exceptional product and project management skills with a proven ability to synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing
- Startup or equivalent experience (preferred) and the drive to live the dream (required)
Meet Some of HealthTap's Employees
Special Operations Lead
Vanessa leads special projects at HealthTap by working with the CEO and various external partners to take on priority projects that fall outside of the usual scope of operations.
Back to top