Data Engineer Growth
Write code. Save lives.
Healthcare is expensive and complex. Help us fix it.
HealthTap has assembled talent to form the first growth team in digital health. Read more about how the team started here:
Right now, we're looking for the first Data Engineer Growth to bring affordable virtual care to a billion people by building the growth analytics infrastructure, and the experimentation framework.
HealthTap is the first global virtual health practice, powered by more than 100,000 U.S. doctors, delivering fast, affordable, and high-quality care.
How does that work?
- You can search the world's largest library (5.5 billion answers served over six years) of peer-reviewed doctor knowledge for any health topic
- Or ask help from Dr. A.I, our virtual “physician” who translates your symptoms into personalized, doctor-recommended insights—trained by the HealthTap’s doctor network
- And if needed, connect with a doctor for a live virtual consult through voice, video, or text—and get prescriptions, labs tests, and referrals afterwards
Not only have we’ve served more than 250 million people over the past six years, but the most reputable health providers and health payors — from New Zealand to the United States — are using our platform to help their patients receive and doctors deliver faster, more affordable, and quality care.
We’re a venture-backed (with the likes of Khosla, Eric Schmidt, Mayfield Fund) health-tech startup based in the heart of Palo Alto.
What’s the opportunity?
As part of the growth team that directly reports to the CEO, you'll have resources, autonomy, and the support of other growth friends to drive user growth through rapid innovation and experimentation.
You'll work in your own interdisciplinary team—together with growth engineers, growth data scientists. and growth designers:
- Building the infrastructure for the growth analytics
- Laying the foundation for a scalable experimentation framework
- Democratizing data access for each HealthTap team member
- Sharing the love about the correct use of data and analytics at the company
Examples of projects you could work on:
- Reduce friction across the company by allowing team members to access key metrics accurately and in (almost) real time
- Drive HealthTap’s data-driven growth strategy by building a scalable framework capable of to enable growth team members to easily launch experiments and analyze results across platforms
- Increase the accuracy of HealthTap growth interventions by allowing non-technical team members to easily build cross-platform funnels across custom cohorts
Need to have
- You have a BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science, or related field
- You have the ability to architect scalable systems capable of processing massive amounts of data
- You have deep working knowledge of relational databases
- You have experience building scalable web experimentation frameworks
- You have a strong programming background, and proven expertise in Java or Ruby
- You’re experienced building data pipelines from disparate sources
- You have an understanding of basic statistical concepts, especially in hypothesis testing
- You’re passionate about making the world a happier, healthier place
- You have worked on a product that people love to use, and you know the metrics plus interventions to get to that success
- You’re accustomed to a data-driven, experimentation-oriented approach in a fast paced, agile environment
- You don’t stop until the problem is solved
- You like extreme ownership and autonomy
- You enjoy educating others: for example, by writing a playbook about how to use the mobile experimentation framework for every engineer in the company
- You’re interested in why something happened, not just what happened
Nice to have
- Familiarity with basic classes of ML algorithms, concepts in anomaly detection, and feature extraction
- Behavioral psychology background
- An entrepreneurial, scrappy background is a plus
- Working experience in a smaller startup is a plus
- Background in gaming, online dating, travel, lead gen (i.e. financial products) is a plus
- Write code and save lives
- Enjoy autonomy— the product growth team will directly report to the CEO of HealthTap
- Work in a modern office on Palo Alto’s University Avenue (steps from Caltrain)
- Get served catered lunch, dinners and healthy snacks
- Take advantage of subsidized gym membership
- Relax with in-office massages
- Get covered by full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Enjoy competitive compensation and equity
- Win at work in a diverse culture--visa sponsorship is available
- Pet the in-office puppies :)
Meet Some of HealthTap's Employees
Special Operations Lead
Vanessa leads special projects at HealthTap by working with the CEO and various external partners to take on priority projects that fall outside of the usual scope of operations.
Back to top