Content Marketing Lead
HealthTap is hiring a Content Marketing Lead!
Our mission is to help people live healthier, happier, longer lives. HealthTap is the world’s first global health practice. We connect millions everywhere with the most trusted doctors and health advice–from any mobile device or computer. Launched in 2010, we are the world’s fastest growing virtual care company, and our products are used by hundreds of millions of people. We’re based in Palo Alto, founded by successful serial entrepreneurs passionate about making a positive difference in the world. HealthTap is a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and the world’s first Global Health Practice delivering immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7 from Query to Cure. Our founders come from Stanford, Yale, and IIT, and our team is composed of people from top schools like Stanford, Berkeley, CMU, and IIT. Our team is entering growth-mode, and we need sharp talent to help us take HealthTap to the next level.
Create masterful, engaging content that will fuel HealthTap’s medical practitioner acquisition efforts and improve user engagement and activity on the platform.
You will join a quickly expanding Medical Expert marketing team that has exciting targets for the growth of our medical practitioner network and their level of engagement. You will have significant responsibility in driving the activities that will enable us to hit our targets. In this entrepreneurial role, you must simultaneously excel at the creative and the scientific; you will write compelling and personalized content, while also critically analyzing data and assessing the success of content and campaigns. Working together with product marketing, you will become an expert in our customer segments and personas so the content can effectively lead our medical practitioners through a positive journey on the HealthTap platform, from acquisition and activation to engagement and retention. Through constant and rigorous experimentation, your efforts will continually drive more efficient and higher levels of both acquisition and engagement. This role reports to the Product Marketing Manager and will work closely with all members of the Medical Expert team as well as cross functionally in the organization.
- Become an expert in our customer (medical practitioners) segments and personas
- Define HealthTap’s content vision and an integrated distribution strategy that will allow us to hit our exciting growth goals
- Maintain the HealthTap content calendar to ensure creation and distribution of multiple campaigns and across channels is coordinated
- Create visuals as needed to accompany content
- Create personalized, compelling content for all acquisition and engagement efforts across a wide variety of channels, from blog and social media posts to email and case studies
- Create content to fuel our lead-nurturing program
- Help to define HealthTap’s brand voice, perspective, and thought leadership agenda for interacting with medical practitioners
- Work with channel marketing specialists to define and carefully track performance metrics for campaigns. Review content performance and use data insights to iterate and improve
- Together with product marketing, create integrated cross-channel content strategies to maximize practitioner engagement
- Ensure consistency in tone and voice
- Play the role of editor-in-chief as necessary
Your Skills & Attributes
- Are passionate about the HealthTap mission!
- Enjoy operating independently and with extreme ownership over what you do
- Are entrepreneurial, scrappy, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Are singularly focused on achieving your goals and continuously improving your approaches
- Are detail oriented
- Have experience writing content for a variety of channels, including online and offline
- Have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Take a creative, innovative approach that is anchored in data
- Take an experimentation-heavy approach to everything and thrive in a metrics heavy environment
- Enjoy storytelling and excel at identifying compelling story angles and bringing them to life
- Deftly synthesize complex ideas into clear and simple language
- Have a strong portfolio of both short and long form content pieces
We are looking for past experience and knowledge of best practices in the following areas:
- Superior content creation and editing skills
- Experience in creating and executing integrated content marketing campaigns
- Experience withcustomer segmentation and personas
- Storytelling to bring positioning, value propositions, and messaging to life
- Experience designing content to undergo A/B experiments; knowledge of the associated best practices and tools
- 2+ years marketing experience
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, creative writing, communications, or a related field
- Nice to have: experience in healthcare or working with medical professionals
- Nice to have: experience collaborating with product marketing and channel marketing
- Nice to have: customer acquisition and/or engagement strategy
- Nice to have: creating content for use in a highly professional context and/or for B2B applications
- Mission-driven company. Your work will literally save lives!
- Catered lunch, dinners, and healthy snacks
- Subsidized gym membership
- In-office massages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Diverse work culture (Visa sponsorship is available)
- Dog-friendly office
More about us
- We connect people with trusted doctors and health-information, and deliver immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7 through video, voice, and text chat, directly from any mobile device or computer. You can read our Vision and Credo here.
- We are a fast-growing startup that's making a transformational impact (while helping millions worldwide). We value passion, intelligence, experience, tenacity, and diversity. Check out this short documentary.
- Ask to see our “Introduction to joining HealthTap” booklet!
- Our contemporary offices are based in downtown Palo Alto, in the heart of Silicon Valley, a short walk from the CalTrain Station. We’re opening a San Francisco office soon, too.
Applications must include a cover letter AND a writing sample
Meet Some of HealthTap's Employees
Special Operations Lead
Vanessa leads special projects at HealthTap by working with the CEO and various external partners to take on priority projects that fall outside of the usual scope of operations.
Back to top