Backend Engineer | Product Quality Team
Write Code. Save Lives. Have fun.
Join our talented, ambitious, and fun-loving team to help us scale the first Global Health Practice. Solve interesting problems that impact HealthTap's ever-growing doctor and customer base.
As a Backend Engineer with excellent problem-solving capabilities, a deep passion for quality, and the talent to craft amazing, elegant, purposeful code in a variety of programming languages, you’re the kind of person we are looking for. We hope you’ll apply to HealthTap!
About the role
Where you would fit in: As an engineer focused on Product Quality you’ll work at the intersection of engineering, data, and product quality.
What you will do: You’ll be an engineer evangelist for customers and doctors, focus on solving problems impacting all users, and help build features to make HealthTap's user experience even better.
Be a leader: apply your engineering skills in working with the Customer Success leadership to scalably engineer a platform that guarantees a great user experience, build processes that address users' challenges and develop processes that address customer’s priorities, challenges, initiatives, and potential areas for improvement.
What you bring to us
- BS in computer science from a top school; 3-5 years of relevant experience (required)
- Passion for building exceptional user experiences in the healthcare space
- Ability to walk a fine line between solving problems and weighing each trade-off: you execute decisively
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience building web-based applications using frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django, and Spring
- Ability to write efficient, reusable and easy to maintain code (and that actually saves lives)
- Understanding of best practices for data integrity, web app design, and data store design
- Startup or similar experience (preferred) and the drive to live the dream (required)
- Modern office on Palo Alto’s University Avenue (steps from Caltrain)
- Catered lunch, dinners, and healthy snacks
- Subsidized gym membership
- Full medical dental and vision coverage
- Competitive compensation and equity
HealthTap is the first global virtual health practice, powered by more than 104,000 U.S. doctors, delivering fast, affordable, and quality care through our innovative H.O.P.E.S (Health Operating System).
How does that work?
- You can search the world's largest library (over 4 billion answers served) of doctor knowledge for any health topic
- If you need a more personalized answer, send a free health question to one of the 104,000 U.S doctors in our network—expect a response within 24 hours
- Or connect with a top U.S. primary care doctor for a live virtual consult— and get prescriptions, labs tests, and referrals if needed
We’re a venture-backed (by the likes of Khosla, Eric Schmidt, Mayfield Fund) health-tech startup based in the heart of Palo Alto.
Meet Some of HealthTap's Employees
Special Operations Lead
Vanessa leads special projects at HealthTap by working with the CEO and various external partners to take on priority projects that fall outside of the usual scope of operations.
Back to top