HealthTap: A Mission-Driven Company
Our mission is to help people live healthier, happier, longer lives. HealthTap is the world’s first global health practice. We connect millions everywhere with the most trusted doctors and health advice–from any mobile device or computer. Launched in 2010, we are the world’s fastest growing virtual care company, and our products are used by hundreds of millions of people. We’re based in Palo Alto, founded by successful serial entrepreneurs passionate about making a positive difference in the world.
HealthTap is a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and the world’s first Global Health Practice delivering immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7 from Query to Cure. Our founders come from Stanford, Yale, and IIT, and our team is composed of people from top schools like Stanford, Berkeley, CMU, and IIT. Our team is entering growth-mode, and we need sharp talent to help us take HealthTap to the next level.
What we offer you
- Develop and extend the reach of our highly rated (4.5+ on all app stores) existing applications while helping to define the roadmap for future HealthTap apps
- Create elegant code that actually saves lives, and which is efficient, reusable, and easy to maintain
- Break frontiers in performance and accessibility
- Introduce a whole new industry to mobile
- Build interfaces and APIs that will connect with a community of developers around the world
- Collaborate with other engineers and with product and design teams to innovate and create a delightful mobile health experience for doctors and patients
- Create interfaces and APIs that will connect with a community
What you bring to us
- A BS/MS in computer science from a top school (or equivalent experience)
- 3 years experience scaling Android platforms to accommodate user growth
- Noteworthy skills in Android SDK, Java, SQL
- Experience using Android Studio
- Multiple applications live in Google Play (bonus for 4.5+ user ratings)
- Portfolio of Android projects either on Github or Bitbucket
- Knowledge of Git and Jira
- Deep understanding of Android UI frameworks, application design, and complex, reactive touch-based UIs
- Agile development methodology a plus
- Startup or equivalent experience (preferred) and the desire to live the dream (required)
More about working with us
- We connect people with trusted doctors and health-information, and deliver immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7 through video, voice, and text chat, directly from any mobile device or computer. You can read our Vision and Credo here.
- We are a fast-growing startup that's making a transformational impact (while helping millions worldwide). We value passion, intelligence, experience, tenacity, and diversity.
- Our contemporary offices are based in downtown Palo Alto, in the heart of Silicon Valley, a short walk from the CalTrain Station
- We take care of our team and offer fantastic benefits. We provide daily catered lunches, chef-prepared dinners, and healthy snacks. We offer competitive compensation and equity. We provide full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as subsidized gym memberships, and much more.
Meet Some of HealthTap's Employees
Special Operations Lead
Vanessa leads special projects at HealthTap by working with the CEO and various external partners to take on priority projects that fall outside of the usual scope of operations.
Back to top