Summer Intern (2020) - Enterprise IT Business Solutions
We're looking for energetic, innovative, and passionate individuals to help apply technology driven solutions that improve the healthcare of all New Yorkers. Our Information Technology team utilizes a combination of modern technology frameworks, custom code, and packaged solutions that support our business.
Highlights of the IT Corporate Business Solutions internship will include:
Active role on a high-profile project allowing you to see the impact of your work
Building relationships with experts in the field
Personal relationship with Senior Leadership across IT
Learn or improve on your Agile skills as HealthFirst is a SAFe Agile delivery organization
In addition to real world experience on technology projects, candidates will participate in immersive and interactive learning experiences that will serve as the foundation for their careers.
HealthFirst has an exciting opportunity for an IT Intern to join the Corporate Business Technology team working out of our downtown New York City office. We are seeking a college student working towards an under graduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Information Systems, Data Science or Applications Engineering. The intern will support and assist in the development and deployment of IT business initiatives for Healthfirst's ERP solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Corporate business solutions applications team focused on areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Payroll, Legal and/or Compliance.
- Support business requirements gathering, compilation, analysis, solutions design configuration/coding, QA testing and production deployment working alongside our exceptional team of senior IT team members.
- Support high visibility data analytics projects.
- Special projects as identified.
Experience: Prior work experiences with IT and ERP solutions desired.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications/Office 365;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of Workday preferred but not necessary;
- Experience with SQL is preferred;
- Experience with database design and data analytics tools;
- Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau, Qlik or Power BI desired but not necessary;
- Experience with data aggregations tools or other statistical or relational database analytical tools desired
Personal Success Attributes:
- Interest in working in the Healthcare Industry
- Critical thinking skills including Design Thinking
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Comfortable in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Undergraduate students must be a junior or senior at an accredited institution or have graduated within 12 months of the program. Graduate students must be enrolled at an accredited institution or have graduated within 12 months of the program.
- Will not require sponsorship for employment
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA from an accredited school
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Back to top