(Sr.) Manager Actuarial Services - Medicare Actuary NY
- New York, NY
The Senior Manager of Actuarial Services is responsible for monitoring financial performance of the Medicare line of business, providing insights and financial advice in business decisions, and all other actuarial functions associated with the LOB. This includes but not limited to annual Medicare filings (bids), year-end and financial audits related to the LOB, quarterly forecasts and annual budgeting, as well as regular monthly close. This individual will also advise on the financial impact due to various changes in CMS guidance or other regulatory changes related to this LOB.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor experience under Healthfirst's Medicare line of business.
- Overall responsibility for annual Medicare bids for all Healthfirst's Medicare products.
- Review and quantify any regulatory / CMS proposals and/or changes to the Medicare program.
- Assist in other actuarial functions such as in incurred but not reported (IBNR) analysis and other ad hoc analyses.
- Research, evaluate and analyze Medicare market landscape.
- Analyze product and segment performance, incorporating both historical observation and insight into prospective trends. Develop business plans containing forecasts of future financial performance.
- Participate in monthly close meetings, Quarterly Business Reviews, and Annual Budget with Product, and prepare and facilitate product performance discussion materials and ad-hoc analysis on the Medicare LOB.
- Manage and direct staff as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Economics, Finance or any related degree
- Experience in the actuarial field related to Medicare (bid development/review, analysis, reporting, risk scores)
- SAS/SQL coding experience
- Prior work experience managing one or more staff
- ASA (Associate, Society of Actuaries) membership
- MAAA (Member, American Academy of Actuaries) membership
- Ability to analyze a large data sets
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously and adjusting to changes quickly while meeting deadlines
- Highly organized with experience prioritizing work demands effectively in order to complete all responsibilities
- Ability to focus on the smallest details while keeping an eye toward the "big picture"
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and courteously with all internal and external partners at all levels
- Skilled in working independently or with a team in a fast paced environment
- Excellent judgment and discretion when faced with sensitive and/or confidential matters
Compliance & Regulatory Responsibilities: N/A
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Back to top