Senior Data Analyst
The Senior Data Analyst will have strong analytical and problem solving skills coupled with experience working with a variety of data. We are looking for someone who is inherently curious about data and especially how business processes and decisions impact systems and data. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and can work with a broad variety of stakeholders including business and technical teams. They should be able to investigate issues with the data and distil their findings to share with others. They will be expected to become experts in specific data domains across the enterprise.
- Work collaboratively with business and IT to conduct a range of analysis to facilitate better understanding of the data. This could include data discovery and profiling, assessing data quality, tracing lineage, investigating any questions and issues relating to the data including impact of business process and system on data / data flows and analyzing data to answer business questions
- Research and investigate data issues. Develop a deep understanding of the relationship between business process, systems and the underlying data
- Document and share learnings about data with all stakeholders. Participate and support data governance activities.
- Help end users find and access and effectively leverage data needed for analysis and reporting
- Research, propose, and be an advocate for process and system change that can improve the impact of the data over time.
- Present findings to stakeholders in a way that is intuitive and clear. This may be in a memo, through a dashboard or presentation.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience.
- 5+ years' experience working with data (data engineering, Data scientist, BI analyst, BI developer etc.)
- Experience analyzing and working with large datasets.
- Proficiency with SQL - 5 years experience in a professional setting.
- Knowledge of data programing languages such as C/Python/R/Java and/or ETL tools like Informatica a must. Must be able to both read & understand code as well as feel comfortable using code as a tool for data analysis
- Experience using tools like Alteryx, Tableau Prep and Excel for data preparation / lightweight integration & transformation
- Demonstrated Critical thinking ability including the ability to define a problem, frame it for a broad audience and collaborate with others to formulate solutions
- Demonstrated ability to leverage visualization tools like Tableau to develop dashboards that are impactful and have a meaningful narrative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with proven ability to influence with impact across functions and disciplines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines, identifying the necessary steps and moving forward through completion
- Must be detail oriented
- Skilled in Excel (more advanced analytical tools preferred).
- Degree in Statistics or Mathematics
- Experience with statistical analysis software
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment with Development and QA staff
- Experience with Cloud Data Warehouses
- Proficiency with graph and noSQL databases required; expertise in SQL
- Knowledge of provider-sponsored health insurance systems/processes and the Healthcare industry
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Back to top