The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for providing member medication counseling and assistance in minimizing gaps in treatment by collaborating with various members of the healthcare team within Healthfirst and with our community partners (pharmacists and providers).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs review of medication lists to understand and eliminate barriers to medication therapy while serving as the member's Pharmacy Navigator in order to achieve the following:
- Proper Medication Adherence
- Minimize any gaps in therapy
- Prevention of medication related adverse events through collaboration with pharmacist
- Facilitating member access to medication(s) by:
- Contacting pharmacies to obtain medications refills
- Contacting members' providers to issue new prescriptions and set up appointments when necessary
- Facilitating access to medications for members experiencing financial issues.
- Working the member's pharmacy to align refills to help members reduce frequency of pharmacy visits.
- Documenting the care delivered and communicating information to other providers.
- Partners with the pharmacists on the team and other members of the healthcare team to:
- Communicate a medication treatment plan.
- May coordinate and integrate an MTM intervention within the broader healthcare management services being provided to the patient.
- Partner with community pharmacies to communicate member medication adherence
- Performs patient health assessments to collect information regarding:
- Patient medication profile including prescription and/or non-prescription medications, and homeopathic/herbal therapy.
- Barriers leading to poor medication adherence including medication and/or patient-related factors, or access to care.
- Handles member and provider communications both telephonically and possibly in person.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
All hiring and recruitment at Healthfirst is transacted with a valid "@healthfirst.org" email address only or from a recruitment firm representing our Company. Any recruitment firm representing Healthfirst will readily provide you with the name and contact information of the recruiting professional representing the opportunity you are inquiring about. If you receive a communication from a sender whose domain is not @healthfirst.org, or not one of our recruitment partners, please be aware that those communications are not coming from or authorized by Healthfirst. Healthfirst will never ask you for money during the recruitment or onboarding process.
- Greater New York City Area (NY, NJ, CT residents): $46,200 - $62,400
- All Other Locations (within approved locations): $40,100 - $58,240
In addition to your salary, Healthfirst offers employees a full range of benefits such as, medical, dental and vision coverage, incentive and recognition programs, life insurance, and 401k contributions (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Healthfirst believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package wherever its employees work and live.
The hiring range is defined as the lowest and highest salaries that Healthfirst in "good faith" would pay to a new hire, or for a job promotion, or transfer into this role.