The Product Owner will help create and deliver a best|in|class business systems and operational processes specific to claims editing software. This individual will be dedicated to the Agile Work Team to interface between the operations team and the delivery of new technology and code. The role is responsible to be constantly thinking through the processes and needs of the business to support an efficient and error free process for the member and provider. The Product Owner represents the business team in prioritizing the features for development, approving user stories, and ensuring clear communication flows back and forth. The individual will help shape and execute the product strategy that meets the department goals, engage in business case development, and ensure adherence to the Agile Scrum process.
- Define & communicate the overall vision, objectives and goals of the business. Articulate the minimum viable product needs. Create, refine, socialize and prioritize the Product backlog.
- Enable delivery of Product Backlog by presenting backlog to team; creating, owning and refining well-formed user stories and artifacts that describe and detail new products, features and services based on feedback from team, creating acceptance criteria with the team, and accepting stories as they're completed
- Contribute to the maturity, performance and growth of the Agile team
- Work daily with scrum teams to refine, groom, and accept stories and bugs for implementation
- Create UAT test cases, organize and facilitate UAT testing, track test results, and work with the scrum master and agile team to resolve issues
- Represents the team, when needed, to external stakeholders, leaders and other teams to ensure alignment and understanding progress of the team
- Support the Agile Program and ensure the team follows enterprise Agile standards. Provide feedback to program on enhancements for the Agile process.- Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas
- Ability to align and motivate a team to achieve objectives
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and redesign that will allow us to accomplish objectives more quickly and at a higher level of probability
- Work one on one with each team member to ensure their growth and accountability to the team is achieved.- Effectively communicates relevant information to all levels of the organization
- Partner with cross-functional teams to build, prioritize and define workflows and requirements
- Reinforces team approach throughout organization both on client projects and internal initiatives
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization
- Create dynamic and a spirit of teamwork and collaboration
- Compliment the broader team with high quality and partnership
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen business relationships
- All other related and/or additional responsibilities that may be required or assigned
- Experience working in an Agile environment as a Product Owner
- Experience with any Claims editing software products
- Experience and track record of success directing the efforts of developers as a project manager or product owner in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks. Demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts (preferably Agile/SCRUM)
- Hands on experience in leading process improvement initiatives
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited institution with a preferred area of study in technology, business, project management or other associated field
- Experience with ClaimsXten software
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Back to top